Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

7th Gen MC stalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Watched your video on You Tube.......I will show email him and have it watch it and let you know what he is thin king. Pretty sharp shop. All brothers and Matt has his masters in automotive technology and theory. You are serving a purpose. Someone has to have the nightmare Monte so the rest of us can have nice dependable Monte's....LOL, okay not funny, not at all really. Damn I would hate to have your cars glitches. I'm sending you a Thermite nade to set off on top of your engine block and let it burn to high heaven..... I will let you know what my mechanic says first.....

Old 03-27-2011, 09:05 AM

Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 AM

The car is back at the Dealer as of today. I got the car there after I fought with it to get it to move. I should have had it towed in......

No phone call yet. Should be interesting what they come up with now. The CEL is still on and the pic above is what it finds. So I wonder if they can find a solution now.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:14 PM

Got the car back tonight. With the instruction to remove any aftermarket wire I may have added. I did so and now the car wont start Great! ****ing Monte lol SOrry for the language there is only so much BS I can take.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:01 AM

I have lost Faith in GM and GM service. Issue still occurs....I am going to notifiy GM Canada of this (like it will help anyway) . I am sick of this. Its been a Month of me running around borrowing cars from friends and family to get to work to pay my bills. Its been amonth of taking the car back one day and bringing it back in the following day for the same issue. I am tired of it and just want a relaible car to drive again. Im done. Time to get rid of it and buy something else and spend money I dont have, I geuss since GM did and got a bail out so can I? Good by for now folks I am tired of coming on here and seeing this thread I started......I will keep yas posted on what my plans in the next day or too.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by bonang
I have lost Faith in GM and GM service. Issue still occurs....I am going to notifiy GM Canada of this (like it will help anyway) . I am sick of this. Its been a Month of me running around borrowing cars from friends and family to get to work to pay my bills. Its been amonth of taking the car back one day and bringing it back in the following day for the same issue. I am tired of it and just want a relaible car to drive again. Im done. Time to get rid of it and buy something else and spend money I dont have, I geuss since GM did and got a bail out so can I? Good by for now folks I am tired of coming on here and seeing this thread I started......I will keep yas posted on what my plans in the next day or too.
I told my mechanic Matt about your last You Tube video with your gauges all over the map. He said there can be a whole array of problems. His first thought is there is a Ground Problem or a Positive power problem. Says it's like the car has an issue and the computer keeps shutting off and turning on the system. Told him you have a new computer and his thoughts were a power supply or grounding issue. He said you have 4 relays from the computer, and each one would have memory as to whats been going on with it. If you connect a reader and the relays are zeroed out with no information what so ever, thats showing a possible ground or intermittent power, as when you disconnect the cars battery all the error codes are wiped clean, same thing here, power no power, wipes the codes from the relays. He said it could be as simple as an FM modulator for an Ipod or aftermarket stereo sending a stray signal out disrupting the computer's read on the car causing the computer to tell the engine to perform in a way it thinks is correcting the performance when it does not really need to correct it. Anyway here is his shops phone number , just ask for Matt, he's about 35, one of the 4 brothers who own this shop with their father. He is building an 07 Monte right now for a MCF member, there is not much he cant answer about this car. The 07 he is presently building has taken about 2 years. Getting close to finishing it. Pulling the tranny back apart to modify it so it will have 350 pounds of line pressure to help launch this 900whp Monte. Tell him Greg Hubbs said to call, he is very helpful and knowledgeable. They build dragsters, race them and win quite reguarly.

Contact info, their website........Paul Snell (Father) sons: Ben, Jeff, Brian and Matt
Paul's Automotive and 4x4

This is a link to my cars build they did. Describes the work they have done to Monte SS
Paul's Automotive and 4x4

Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 PM

Thanks for the info. We think we found it. We think there was bad ground. We (yes me in the dear) did the the shake test......car running on jack stands in drive we were shaking the wire harness in certain areas with grounds and the car did what it does. Took the grounds off and cleaned them and re did the battery ones again and all is good so far.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Since I got the car back working in good order be prepared for some updated videos and pictures.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by bonang
Thanks for the info. We think we found it. We think there was bad ground. We (yes me in the dear) did the the shake test......car running on jack stands in drive we were shaking the wire harness in certain areas with grounds and the car did what it does. Took the grounds off and cleaned them and re did the battery ones again and all is good so far.
Wow GREAT news... Happy to hear that. LOL I told you most of those dealership guys are middle tier techs. Glad to hear my guy was right just by telling him about your car's symptoms. HA HA I'm going to let him know.
I'm so happy for you this has to be such a great relief to you... All this time and money spent adding new computers and such and all it was is a faulty ground.... OMG

Y E A H your Monte's up and rolling again.. Cant wait to see pictures. Take care