Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

7th Gen MC stalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:04 PM

Ok Some updates....not the Bearings, not a sensor......Hooked up to the computer drove around it did its stalling and lost comunication with the PCM.

Covered under warranty (Thank God!) They want to reprogram/replace depends on what happens after reprogramming.

Will update again soon.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

OMG what a head scratcher. You really need to get a hold of a good shop and stick with them. Usually one that build race cars and do general maintenance and such, they tend to know how to get to the bottom of these things. Get in touch with local car clubs, muscle cars etc. and ask them for trust worthy shops they go to. My shop builds dragsters and such, yet do 4x4 trucks and all other general maintenance as their bread and butter coin, and I have not been left in a lurch, things always get figured out as most problems tend to be pretty common among specific car manufacturers. Best of luck....

Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 PM

New ECM is going in the Monte Tomorrow according to the dealer. Its been there a week dead. The offered the car to me but when the fella went to pull the car around it died and I just turned and walked to the rental Impala. lol

Old 03-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by bonang
New ECM is going in the Monte Tomorrow according to the dealer. Its been there a week dead. The offered the car to me but when the fella went to pull the car around it died and I just turned and walked to the rental Impala. lol

wow man, I really hope everything gets straightened out for you and thanks for keeping us updated!

Old 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM

Wish me luck I am enroute to get the car. Ill keep yas updated.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:05 PM

So its a no go. She still does what it does in the video. Looking at the work order it states:

ENGINE LIGHT ON (wl) SPORD ECM

R&R ECM REPROGRAMMED ECM, PERFORMED THEFT RELEARN AND CRANK SHAFT POSITION RELEARN, CODES 11B25, FEB15 (6C)

Part NUmber used: 19210738 - MDL REM SP 036700

Old 03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

so what the hell do you have to do next........ man, that freaking sucks!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 PM

Problem is I picked it up after hours, no one there. So I gotta call them back in the am. Asking nicely what they have done and then once they tell me I will break it to them that it did not resolve the issue and that the car is going to go back to them until the resolve it and I require a loaner. The car is not safe to drive since it iwll stall mid driving, pulling away from a stop......not safe. If they do no comply to my offer I will contact GM Canada.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Hold their feet to the fire on this. They had to have known the car still had issues and yet decided to still give it back to you like that. What a bunch of Bozo's.....
I bet you end up taking it to a specialty shop as this is probably beyond them or they would have kept it and fixed it. I'm telling you find a couple of car clubs and find out where the main members take their nice muscle cars to. Bet they treat each other right, keep your costs down and they know significantly more than the piece rate monkeys at the dealership. I have gotten my truck back twice with the oil filler cap missing when I took it to the dealership for a simple oil change. They are the plug n play peeps for the most part IMO. Best of luck, keep us posted. And if they cant fix it tell them they need to pay the other speciality shop your repair costs.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM

Well I called them first thing. I got a hold of the service Manager and spoke with her for about 40 mins. She was concerned (legitly) that this was no resolved and the fact that I stated that it is a safty issue. I asked her what can we do about this. She stated there might be a charge due to the fact she can not verify that this is a powertrain issue. I said it dont matter if it costs, I just want the car fixed. I took it in last week and had to wait a week. I told her no one test drive it much because there is less then 1km put on it since I dropped it off.

She agreed and will take action on that for me. So the car is going back in the morning and she promissed I will have it resolved by 5pm Friday. I am taking her word on this I said. I was also told I will be contacted before any work takes place I will be charged for. Even if it costs $1. I am not a rich guy so I would like to know pricing before I let the work happen.

I will keep ya guys informed.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen MC stalls