Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

7th Gen MC stalls

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Default 7th Gen MC stalls

Hi All,

I have an 07 MC LS 3.5L

The issue I have with my car is that it randomly stalls out while driving. The car it self runs great (minus the stalling).

What was replaced recently:
Spark Plus
Wires
Gas Evap

So what happens is I Can start the car fine, I can bring up the revs in park no issue. Put in drive attempt to pull away and the motor dies out.

While driving slow speeds 20-40kms/hr the engine light will flash on then off, Service Traction control system will appear on the dash and the car will buck then drive fine if I hold the pedal but if I press it a little it will do it all over again.

Ok here is where it gets weird the car will be fine for a couple days and start it all over again.

I was told is the the TPS which in this case its a drive by wire system so I am told it is a pedal assembly, then I was told it was the Mass Air Flow, then I was told it was the Ignition switch......then today I was told it was the Crank Sensor......

I did not replace any of these parts yet. If I replaced all those parts I am looking at a couple grand after labour.......

Any one have any idea what the issue is?

Old 02-12-2011, 08:53 PM

i would go to the dealer or a shop or auto zone that does codes and pull them. if you cant take it any where go to a shop or a dealer you trust and aske them to pull codes because it is flashing a engine light it might be storing codes wich some obd II scan tools cant pick up. and have them diagnos it it could be some thing really stupid

Old 02-12-2011, 08:55 PM

like bad fuel or a bad fuel filter some thing minor or some thing sereus cant tell really. what type of engine do you have i have the same 7th gen but it is the v6 lt model

Old 02-12-2011, 08:57 PM

sorry i we have the same engine in a way is it the flex or is it the regular v6. are you useing ethenal or just regular gas ethonal i call e85 gells quicker than regular gas when it gets cold out

Old 02-12-2011, 08:57 PM

3.5L LS
No codes, been scanned multiple times.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:04 PM

i know the back three wires whn facing are 135 and the front are 246 did you double check the wires i made that mistake once and did the same thing also a miss when i got finished and i had to redo it

Old 02-12-2011, 09:24 PM

I should rephrase my first post.

The plugs,wires and evap were replaced last year. Its not misfiring. Its stalling.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 AM

quick video: Still processing but once it is done you can view it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0xCmK9Lpls

Old 02-13-2011, 08:14 PM

i would take it to the dealer do you still have the hundred thousand mile warrenty? i had head trouble with mine i didnt know about do to a recall on the head gaskets i couldent tell what you were talking about till i heard the sound bite and video. has it been loosing any radiator fluid? plus i had a issue with the coil pack as well but it threw a miss fire code but you dont have that code on. it also might be a bad cat but i dont know till you take it off and see before you take it to the dealer and have them check the system out for the heads. it is the only two things i can think of right now

Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It could possibly be a bad fuel pump????

Another thing you might want to do is clean you Mass Airflow Sensor. They sell cleaner at Autozone, and you would be amazed at what those sensors will do to the performance of your car if they are not functioning correctly.

Our cars do not have a fuel filter that you can just replace, its all part of the fuel pump assembly, so if somethings is wrong with the fuel pump in its ability to get gas to your engine, then you need to replace the whole thing.

Another thing is possibly could be is the ignition coil pack, which is not hard to replace, but all three ignition coils are together in one pack on our cars, so you would have to replace the whole pack.

I hope this helps a little. Keep us posted on what it is.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen MC stalls