Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

7th Gen MC stalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 03:12 PM

Well not much of an update. The dealer still has the car and have not had luck on getting it resolved. Contact GM Canada (not about the dealer) but about the issue. They are looking into it. I was contact a couple times from the service manager and they are willing to do what it takes and GM is covering the cost apparently. The only thing I am covering is the gas there using lol. So I plan to not have the car for a week or longer....we will see.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:42 PM

Week 2:

They still cant figure it out.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

See like I said, they have a bunch of mid-range techs there at the dealerships. A solid race car shop could get it figured out pretty quick. Maybe GM would pay the bill from the other shop to fix it.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM

I know but I had to give them a shot. According to them the issue was resolved since the PCM was replaced. Ok if thats the case why did it frig up on me when I picked it up that night.

So I am going to the dealer Monday with my keys, going to take my car home, drive it. I will drive it on the public roads since they state there is no issue there. A: The car might be fixed and maybe it had to relearn something B: It will stall out on the hwy, mid traffic, intersection....and I will casue and accident.

I had a video on Youtube of the car acting up, and another with the radio playing....They stated to my Farther (HE had his truck in there today) that it is due to the stereo.......casue I had bass vids and **** on my youtube account.........

So I am going to the dealer monday getting the car, driving it with the stereo off, with the video camera record it in HD 1080p and then when it messes up I will call GM CAnada and ask them to send a real GM tech down to fix my car. two weeks and nothing was done, what if I did not call them every second day, would I hear from them? Doubt it. I am done with them. Getting the car, going to attempt to get it fixed at another garage where a gm tech I know works now..........if cant get it fixed taking all the audio out and getting a new rig......

Old 03-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Man what a bunch of retards. It's his Bass from his audio system. "???" LOL they are grabbing for something that you did because they are unable to solve it with a 'By the Book" method. Your right, I also believe if you did not stay in contact with them, you would not hear from them either till they figured enough time had passed or some crap. I bet in two weeks they only had the car in to a tech perhaps 5 hours maybe 8 tops because your car is hard to figure out the problem and they have to push other cars though and then get back to your car when they have down time. As you mentioned earlier the car only had a mile put on it when you got it back, oooh nice long test drive. I'm pissed for you, flippin tards.... I bet most of the time you have drove it lately your stereo is not even thumping as your focused on listening for the car to show symptoms of dying and such. It does sound like you need to go to a different shop. Poor you and poor Monte. Hopefully this next shop will make the right diagnosis and you can go back and tell them tards it was only a wire or connection that was bad. Take care, hope you have better news the next time you post and if I read of a Monte catching fire and burning to the ground I will know you pulled the plug on the car. LOL, everybody and everything has to die sometime............

Old 03-19-2011, 12:11 AM

Thanks man. This place I am taking the car used to be a Pontiac dealer. The owner of the dealership brought in Mazda but kept all the shop employees..lol They bought all there **** and it was no the properity of Pontiac....they have gm tech tool II well two of em and parts up the *** in a massive warehouse.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Excellent fresh eyes on the problem, just what the doctor ordered. Let us know if you have achieved victory...or you roasted weenies over the car's embers....LOL

Old 03-22-2011, 09:33 PM

Two full days of being driving they apparently have it fixed. I drove it myself and so did my farther. So in my books its fixed. I called another dealer and they said it takes a little bit for the computer to relearn the car. THey said there is some things that it will not learn it self, Cam and crank sensor but the rest is self learning.......so hence when I pulled it out of the parkinglot the first time it acted up. They (local dealer) should have known or told me that.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wish you luck man, hang in there, I hope it's done giving you headaches!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:37 PM

So.........
yea

Not Good.....

YouTube - More Issues

Quick Reply: 7th Gen MC stalls