Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

headlight tint

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:51 PM

yeah the middle of the lights that you actually want to project...the lo and hi headlights...theres a round reflector around them...

Old 01-31-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by tkatz14
yeah the middle of the lights that you actually want to project...the lo and hi headlights...theres a round reflector around them...
OoooO ya I know what your talking about now. Didn't know that was a reflector lol I'm use to seeing them on the actually body of the car like on the fenders or rear quarter panels

I was also wondering as well. Your tail lights do they come like that? Or did u get them done? I noticed how just some part of your light is black and where the "circle's" are for the break light's are left at red.

I'm thinking of doing that same thing to mine since they are ALL RED. I don't wanna black them out all the way because of the cops in TEXAS and cuz I've seen a few black domestic's with BLACKED OUT TAIL'S N SOME LOOK ALRIGHT and others should have never done it

Getting my headlight's "smoked out" n those 2 lil white reverse light's are going to get completely blacked out cuz in Texas you don't have to have them showing in less you are in reverse of course.

So you don't need to show that you have reverse light's they just have to come on when you put it in reverse,in white of course

Old 01-31-2010, 08:34 PM

lol those were really easy...vht makes a product called night shade sold in most auto parts stores...it is a transparent paint that looks black but light shows through mine have three coats of it on and you can still see the light anywhere even though they look black the law by me is they have to be visible for 500 ft and mine cover that...nothing special just clean it and spray it on evenly

Old 02-01-2010, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by tkatz14
lol those were really easy...vht makes a product called night shade sold in most auto parts stores...it is a transparent paint that looks black but light shows through mine have three coats of it on and you can still see the light anywhere even though they look black the law by me is they have to be visible for 500 ft and mine cover that...nothing special just clean it and spray it on evenly
I'll look into that product. I kinda don't want mine to have light showing thru. I want the just want the tail lights round part to show cuz my car is black so in a sense make it seem part of the car.

I know a guy who does painting and such on cars and did a lot of my friends' light's and reflectors. I'm going to go thru him cuz he is giving me a LIFETIME WARRANTY PLUS IT WILL BE DONE IN A BOOTH. He said show him the wat I want my back lights to look like n he can do it. Front headlight's he is going to smoke them out. NOT BLACK OUT. And those two lil white reverse light's are going to get LIMO TINT.

I ask an officer and look it up as well and they really don't in force the tint law besides window's tint in the city. But the lil town's that are in San Antonio are ***'S cuz they have no crime and nothing to do most of the time. I got a ticket for my tint on my car at the moment THAT CAME FROM CHEVY'S DEALERSHIP (28%) and the little town told me their law is 30-35% is the LOWEST!!! I WAS LIKE WTF?! THAT'S LIKE NOTHING!

But besides window tint they really only care on name brand company's inspection place's. Cuz I use to own a Lancer which i gave to my mom once i got my SS and i had LIMO TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND FOR 2 YEARS N NEVER ONCE GOT TOLD N E THING. In tell MY MOM took it to one of those "real legit" place's and they told her the front two window's needed to be 15% and the back two are fine n back as well but the front bra on the windshield was 3 inches to low and needed to be shortened by San Antonio Law or else it would pass inspection

Old 02-01-2010, 01:05 AM

As for the tail light's and reverse light's the San Antonio Police Officer told me and the book says it as well that they can only be no darker than 15% tint on the tail light's of course they must show when you break.

He said the reverse light's is fine to do as dark as I want (LIMO) as long as they show WHITE when the car is put in reverse. I'm smoking the headlight's cuz I'm getting H.I.D'S SOON. N I DON'T WANNA BLIND PEOPLE!!!