Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

headlight tint

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Default headlight tint

okay guys...need some help again...i want to tint the headlights to match the rear...i know you have to separate the cover, so has anyone done it? or tried it? let me know any advice or tips please...thanks!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You want to take apart the headlights?? Or you want to tint them??

Old 11-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You don't have to seperate the headlight to tint it - you could just remove the light from the assembly and tint it off the car. If you want to take it apart and tint the inside of the lens though, you could put the lights in an oven for a few minutes then they pull apart AFAIK.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:46 PM

i want to paint the reflectors black...i dont really want to tint them, cuz i dont want to lose any visibility at night...just give them more of a smoked look

Old 11-10-2009, 04:05 AM

I personally think the black headlights look smoked from a slight distance, but the reflectors are still amber and it's a good chunk of change to put out if your only looking for the smoky look. But check them out, I know there are a couple of cars on here that have them... Brock's being one.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 PM

well im working on them today...ill let you all know how it goes

Old 11-11-2009, 02:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

check your local laws, changing the side markers from amber could be illegal.

Check out these options we have for our headlights:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Monte...Q5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...Q5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 PM

I have checked with Parts America and they claim to sell tinted covers for my car. This should just go over my headlights now so if I want to remove them I can. The reason why I want removeable tinted covers is because of laws. I can put them on in the day or when I get to where I am going (if I am showing the car) and then at night or when I leave I can remove them and not worry about lawdogs pulling me over for the tinted highlights. (I give them euff other stuff to pull me over for :P)

Parts America also said they was $55 but they didn't have any on hand so I was not going to buy them until I see them and made sure they worked. I have just gotten busy with other projects to get back up there and ask them to ship them to that store so I can go look at them.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy Commando
I have checked with Parts America and they claim to sell tinted covers for my car. This should just go over my headlights now so if I want to remove them I can. The reason why I want removeable tinted covers is because of laws. I can put them on in the day or when I get to where I am going (if I am showing the car) and then at night or when I leave I can remove them and not worry about lawdogs pulling me over for the tinted highlights. (I give them euff other stuff to pull me over for :P)

Parts America also said they was $55 but they didn't have any on hand so I was not going to buy them until I see them and made sure they worked. I have just gotten busy with other projects to get back up there and ask them to ship them to that store so I can go look at them.
Well, check this link out. (Courtesy of Chibiblacksheep)
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/MC1004/MCEXT/...nte+Carlo.html

Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM

i just finished mine up...the sealant is just drying now...ill post some pics soon when they are on the car

Quick Reply: headlight tint