General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Default Window tint

If you have had your windows tinted.. what did you get put on the windows? ( tint manufacturer) and if you know the heat rejection.

Thank's!

Tj

Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Default RE: Window tint

yes mine are tinted, two things to look for . Warrenty and also ask if they can tiunt the whole back window, some places wont tint on to the top of the back window as it takes time and some talent to do it. Mine was tinted wrong the first time and has a section at the top i had to do with night shades to make it look better. but they wont tint over the dot matrix at the top due to the tint not sticking to it well.

MAKE SURE THEY DO IT FOR YOU. i know it can be done.

As far as what kind that is a choice you will have to make i like the galy scratch resitant stuff. also for how dark i normally do 20%on the rear glass and 35% on the front side glass then a 20% acrossed the windsheild at the top. This will block more light comming threw about the visor or the miorr. also if the back windows are darker it will give the front windows the appernce of being darker then they really are. witch is a good thing for looks and also for heat protection.

most states have a certin darkness they will allow but i have also found that if your driving normal they dont mess with you to much unless your cranking the syustem way up or acting out they will not bug you alot. but they do have the right to make you remove the tint if it is darker then the law allows and your registerd in thier state with it.

I have been pulled over one time and that was a secondary ticket due to him not being abel to get me for my temp tags like he thought he was goign to . And i was driving a old nova that was loud and looked like a kids car.

find out what your state laws are. I know ne. on the front windows you cant go any darker then 35% but the back windows could be painted black and they would not care .

AL/. is 35% all the way aro9und the car. btu they will tint them darker for you but they will not give you warrenty if they do it. and also found in Ne they were the same way for the front windows.

Good luck

Old 10-26-2005, 03:04 PM

I have mine tinted and I really like it. Just the looks make it nice. I had it done when I bought my truck. I told the salesman that I would buy the truck but I wanted the windows tinted and he agreed, so I also asked for the MC's windows to be done and he said no problem. I did ask that it be as dark as Texas law would allow.

I dont anything about the tint, just thought I'd brag about getting it done for free (except I'm pretty sure I paid for it somewhere in purchase price of the truck!).

Old 10-26-2005, 03:42 PM

i have ten percent on the sides, nothing on the back, because it looked like too much work. it cost me 18 bucks to do it myself, but after almost 4 years, its getting beat up..not faded, just little knicks here and there. it doesnt matter, in a year or less the car will be my GFs, and i will hopefully have my new car...

Old 11-07-2005, 02:27 PM

I have 80% all around. I have no visibility problems as long as i role down the windows at night. (When backing up) my car is black with black interior and i love how it looks with the tint on it.