Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

headlight tint

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:33 PM

Hmm...that give's me a VERY interesting idea....can you say Custom Angel Eyes?...lol but im afraid of trying it out haha

Old 01-24-2010, 11:45 PM

A wise man once said "The best thing you can do it try. The worst thing you can do is nothing."

Old 01-25-2010, 06:44 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I looked over the angel eye stuff. After alot of planning, i realized our headlights have no circles....

Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 AM

Hehe, I know a site where I can get different sized angel eye circles, then, pull apart the headlights, install them and re-seal the headlight, a bam! A beautiful set of custom angel eyes .

Gothkid, that quote just made me want to try everything. :')

Old 01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Haha Ik ive seen the whole different size thing, it just looks odd with no good circles in there.... Try it though mabye it will look good.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

do it, id like to see it, run it off of a rocker switch or something so you have full control, i think it would be awesome, i dont know how much it would matter that there arent any cicles because i dont think youll really notice once the halos are on

Old 01-28-2010, 01:07 AM

I would love to when i get a frickin job. ****ing economy sucks MAJOR big ones.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by tkatz14
i want to paint the reflectors black...i dont really want to tint them, cuz i dont want to lose any visibility at night...just give them more of a smoked look
Reflectors? Wat reflectors?
LoL at least my year (7th gen) doesn't come with reflector's...I THINK

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
check your local laws, changing the side markers from amber could be illegal.
Very true...the law changes from state to state even lil town's like we have here in San Antonio,TX.

San Antonio law says u can have your window's tinted as dark as u want expect for the driver and passenger window have to be at least 15% and above but the rest can be limo at least on my other car it is

Same concept goes with the blacking out of tail lights and head lights.
I'm getting my headlight's "smoked out" because I'm going to have HID's n i don't want to blind the hell out of the driver in front of me or coming towards me

I'm getting mine headlight's painted and those lil white reverse lights as well. With a LIFETIME WARRANTY FROM A LOCAL FRIEND WHO EVEN HAS A PAINT BOOTH AS WELL :p
NO TINT FOR ME ESPECIALLY IN TEXAS!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 PM

hmm...dont know what youre talking about....there is no "seventh gen" sixth generation includes up to 07 even though they changed slightly in 06...but the reflector we refer to is in the pictures if you read this post...the light is in the middle and the reflector makes the light project...if you have a "seventh gen" (06-07) you should still have reflectors there is no other option...if this clears anything up

Old 01-29-2010, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by tkatz14
hmm...dont know what youre talking about....there is no "seventh gen" sixth generation includes up to 07 even though they changed slightly in 06...but the reflector we refer to is in the pictures if you read this post...the light is in the middle and the reflector makes the light project...if you have a "seventh gen" (06-07) you should still have reflectors there is no other option...if this clears anything up
I do have a 2006 Monte Carlo SS (seventh gen)
Reflector in the middle of wat light? The two headlights? The corner lights/signal lights?

Quick Reply: headlight tint