General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Tint problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Tint problems

Since it's gotten a big hot down here I have had some problems with my tint, are you guys seeing these same issues or do you think I got bent over on my tent job...

All the edges are pulling away from the glass, the bottom also looks like it's catching on the rubber gasket causing air runs in the tint.

The tint job was down a little over a year ago and it seems that it's just really started with the increased temps. I have a lifetime warranty on it but I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems that were the result of contact points in and around the door of our Monte's.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Default RE: Tint problems

i have had no issues with mine and i lived in Alabama for a year withthier heat and humidity and now over here it is well in to the 90's daily with no issues other then i wish i had went darker LOL

But i would say it was over worked and you need to take it back to them and get them to replace it under your life time warrenty.

i know if you over work teh tint or if it stretches to much it will do this after time becuse the glue gets weak and allows it to pull up.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:33 PM

My windows have been tinted for 5 years this month, no problems at all. The summer months get pretty hot here in NC.
My tint extends down below the tint is it can't catch on the seal.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:11 PM

Sounds like a Bad Tint Job[:@]

Good thing U got a lifetime warranty!
It's super hot here on the Florida Beach & the Good Tint Shops
are always re-doing Bad Tint applications, especially if your
car sits in the Hot Sun[:@]

I would take it back (a pain 4 sure).
and `if they don't do it right then
Click below pic

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/C38877233DB94F3A88C9BECEDBCCB41D.gif[/IMG]

Old 06-16-2006, 09:18 PM

hey montejass i live here in texas too and my tint was done the day i got my car 4 years ago and no peeling or bubblng only pronblem is what they call delamination its making my rear window fuzzy looking but the dealership did mine so no warranty sucks for me

Old 06-17-2006, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: DESS03

hey montejass i live here in texas too and my tint was done the day i got my car 4 years ago and no peeling or bubblng only pronblem is what they call delamination its making my rear window fuzzy looking but the dealership did mine so no warranty sucks for me

Thanks for the info guy's.... Looks like I may have a crap tint job...

Old 06-18-2006, 01:36 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass
The tint job was down a little over a year ago and it seems that it's just really started with the increased temps. I have a lifetime warranty on it but I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems that were the result of contact points in and around the door of our Monte's.
Yeah definatley sounds like a bad tint job. When mom had the MC she had it tinted in 1995, the same year she purchased the car. Nine years later the tint started turning purple and warping. Most likely because of aging and the South Florida sun! Hope you get it fixed soon!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:45 AM

Is it common for a tinter to apply more than one layer of tint? As noted in my original post ^^^^^ it is peeling from the edges and I just noticed that there appears to be two layers of tint....

Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 AM

sounds to me that you have a really bad tint job, no it is not normal practice to use more then one layer of tint becuse it you do and they get warm and cold they tend to seperate so there fore they end up redoing them again.

Sounds like this is the case with yours.

if it is one layer and it comming apart then it could be the scratch coat on the tint is comming apart and that would be a bad peice of tint and a man. defect so etheir way i would take it in there and have them redo it.

Go fight for your tint and get it right .

Old 07-25-2006, 04:47 PM

Ouch...is it really dark? I have heard of some tinters layering to get the desired darkness if they don't have a roll that is already the right darkness.

Yeah, dude...you got a bum-job on that one. I live in Las Vegas where last summer we saw temps up to 122 degrees. So far this summer, highest has been 113. My tint is over a year old and no problems.

RE: tint turning purple...remember not to clean the windows with any product that contains amonia. That is what causes the tint to turn purple. Amonia-free glass cleaners only!!!

Quick Reply: Tint problems