Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Cluster Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Default Cluster Lights

Hey All,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to change the lights in the Cluster to either LED's or just different colors. Does the whole thing have to be replaced or is it as simple as changing the color of the bulb? Thanks all.

Cheers

Peter

Old 07-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Default RE: Cluster Lights

Moderator Mickey has changed ALL of his internal LED's to purple ones!! He would be the one to ask about that, as far as I know.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

BB Engineer does this, along with DRL delete harness, and other electrical stuff. Here is his link:

http://bbengineer.home.comcast.net/c...pala/store.htm

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

Old 07-08-2007, 06:39 PM

I just went on your site to see your Monte. Very nice! Question though. Why did you mount your old stereo in the trunk? also is the yellow optoma attached to your alternator? Did you end up having to use the gm adapter when you put the pioneer system in?

Cheers
Peter

Old 07-10-2007, 08:14 PM

I put the factory radio in the trunk for easy access to the computer for resetting tire and oil monitors, security, etc. The Optima yellow top runs ALL of the electronics, including the 110v power convertor, I am about to put a NAPA battery isolator in it, but was told I didn't need it when the install was done. I should've done it anyway, as it was allready in place. It is currently wired in line, with a large fuse at both ends. I wanted a heavy enough power system to run the next system. I HATE cars with lights that flicker to the beat of the sound system.
I have ALL the modules needed to get everything to work like it should. Onstar, door chimes, steering wheel controls, XM, Sirius. Dashworks in Portage, Mi did the install.
I hope to install the DRL delete harness soon.
I have thot about blue LEDs for my dash and temp control unit, as my Pioneer deck and my SW gauges are blue, also. I need to pull my cluster anyways, as I bought an '02 Intimidator gauge cluster for the speedo overlay, but have as yet to do the swap.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the info. That is a good idea what you did with the stereo. Is the stock stereo still useable or is it just plugged in for the monitoring part? That is definatly one way of getting out of using a gm adapter. After looking at your pictures, very nice monte by the way!, I'm wondering if the stereo still works in line with your main one. It would be nice if on camping trips you could use the stereo in the trunk versus going in the front seat every time. Or would that cause an electrical problem?

Im in Canada and unfortunatly the site that changes the lights to LEDs for the cluster is in the US and i would have to send it out

Old 07-11-2007, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

. It is currently wired in line, with a large fuse at both ends. I wanted a heavy enough power system to run the next system. I HATE cars with lights that flicker to the beat of the sound system.
Did you have to put a better alternator in because of the dual battery or was the stock one ok?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:55 PM

I still have the stock alternator, but expecting to change it down the road. I still have almost 50k of warranty yet, too.
The factory radio is fully functional, but has no speakers attached. BUT, my Pioneer has a remote controller so it can be controlled from eyesight away, like with the back seat down or thru the window. The laptop computer when in the trunk is capable of playing cd's or dvd's, also, just not the sirius radio (xm isn't active now, and probably won't be again. I prefer the sirius). I have rca inputs in the back to the stereo, along with 110v.