New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Dash lights, temp. control lights, radio lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 PM
1 Year Member
Default Dash lights, temp. control lights, radio lights

Hello,

I have a 2003 M.C. SS. My message board flashed service engine soon. So I ran the code. It came back as Low Fuel Pressure. Changed fuel filter, and pressure regulator. It is still coming up as Low fuel pressure. The car runs great. No hesitations on acceleration. No hard starts. Now the dash lights, radio lights, and the temp. control lights come on when I first turn the key. After I start the car about two seconds later they dim out, and fast. Do I have a ground problem,or is it a relay problem? Could I be way off base? Everyone I talk to does not believe me, until they see it for themselves. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Roger

Old 08-16-2013, 01:41 PM
1 Year Member

Seeing how no one has responed. I bought a new fuel pump, and a headlight w/dimmer switch. I hope this works. If not, anyone want to buy a 2003 Monte SS with less than 75K? Kidding it is not for sale, but it does have less than 75K.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 AM
1 Year Member
Default Headlights and dimmer switch.

Found out that when I replaced the the headlight and dimmer switch kit. All is well with the dash lights, and the message board. No messages from control center. So if anyone needs to fix a lighting issue, check the headlight/dimmer switch kit. It could be the answer to the problems.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Unhappy 2003 monte carlo ss

i have a 2003 mc ss and the dash lights sometime work sometime not any ideas

I have a 2003 M.C. SS. My message board flashed service engine soon. So I ran the code. It came back as Low Fuel Pressure. Changed fuel filter, and pressure regulator. It is still coming up as Low fuel pressure. The car runs great. No hesitations on acceleration. No hard starts. Now the dash lights, radio lights, and the temp. control lights come on when I first turn the key. After I start the car about two seconds later they dim out, and fast. Do I have a ground problem,or is it a relay problem? Could I be way off base? Everyone I talk to does not believe me, until they see it for themselves. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Roger[/QUOTE]

Old 11-27-2015, 04:59 PM
1 Year Member

I changed my ambient light sensor, and it took take of a lot of my problems. My lights no longer dim, and my service vehicle soon light is off. All because of a little sensor on the dash. On to the next.............

Old 09-08-2020, 06:48 AM
Default I have the same problem with my 03 Monte. I have not been able to get to the bottom .

Originally Posted by rg9johns
Seeing how no one has responed. I bought a new fuel pump, and a headlight w/dimmer switch. I hope this works. If not, anyone want to buy a 2003 Monte SS with less than 75K? Kidding it is not for sale, but it does have less than 75K.
l have the same problem and have not been able to get to fix or figure out what is causing the problem. My AC will just shut off, my background lights, radio, window locks, steering wheel controls all don’t work intermittently. I hope you have better luck with this issue than I have had.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:32 AM

The background lights is most likely going to be a bad headlight switch. The ac not working intermittently is one that I’m still working on.

Old 01-01-2022, 09:56 AM

Can the bcm be tested?

Old 01-01-2022, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jvillemorgan
Can the bcm be tested?
I changed the headlight switch and put in a AC controller and it fixed both of my problems. I still need to add another ground wire to the car, I’ve only got one on. Mines a work car that I drive 100 miles a day. I only paid $1,500 for it and have put over a 100,000 miles on it. I do required maintenance and that’s about it. I retire in approximately five years so I need another 100,000 and I will retire it also.

Old 01-02-2022, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Palatka
l have the same problem and have not been able to get to fix or figure out what is causing the problem. My AC will just shut off, my background lights, radio, window locks, steering wheel controls all don’t work intermittently. I hope you have better luck with this issue than I have had.
It sounds like you have more issues than I did. I changed the headlight switch and that fixed the background lights and a new climate controller in the dash fixed my AC intermittent problem. I still need another ground wire and I will be good. My car has over 190,000 miles on it. I drive it a little over a 100 miles a day to work.