Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Does anyone know anything about Simoniz's Liquid Diamond?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Default Does anyone know anything about Simoniz's Liquid Diamond?

I just reciently saw a commercial for this product called liquid diamond from simoniz. Its funny, the same guy that advertises for oxy clean does this commerical! Anyway, has anyone ever used this product before? It looks like it works great on tv.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Default RE: Does anyone know anything about Simoniz's Liquid Diamond?

[align=center]Hi `Jeff, I've never used it, but I just read about it.[/align][align=center]Check out the below link. Hope it helps. `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link for more infor & Vid[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.simoniz.com/?cid=245693[/align]

Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 PM

I know a guy who lives next door to that dude. He seen him out one day and asked him about that product and his response was "I wouldn't put that stuff on my car."

Nuff said.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:24 PM

[align=center]Jeff, I respect Rich's 04MonteLSopinion/post.[/align][align=center]That's how he got the below Award [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He's a professional detailer, & I've seen his work. I tried to find the before & after[/align][align=center]pictures that he has posted, but could not find them on the forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He does some amazing work on auto finishesWoW.[/align][align=center]Maybe Rich will posthis link, to his photo's: )[/align][align=center]Good Luck on your choices, there sure is a lotto choose from.[/align][align=center]What a Country : ) We are so fortunate....4-$ure.[/align][align=center]Peace Out, `Space[/align]

Old 07-15-2007, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Jeff, I respect Rich's 04MonteLSopinion/post.[/align][align=center]That's how he got the below Award [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He's a professional detailer, & I've seen his work. I tried to find the before & after[/align][align=center]pictures that he has posted, but could not find them on the forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]He does some amazing work on auto finishesWoW.[/align][align=center]Maybe Rich will posthis link, to his photo's: )[/align][align=center]Good Luck on your choices, there sure is a lotto choose from.[/align][align=center]What a Country : ) We are so fortunate....4-$ure.[/align][align=center]Peace Out, `Space[/align]
Thanks for the kind words Space.

I haven't used the product myself so I can't give you my opinion on it, but if Billy Mays endorses it on TV and still won't use it on his cars, I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon. There's no product out there in spray form that will perform miracles on your paint's finish, this product is claiming it can do just that. You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If you're looking for a product that can not only give you an awesome shine but some protection as well, go to CarQuest Auto parts and pick up some DuraGloss AquaWax. This is easily the best spray wax I've ever used, and the most durable as well. Just make sure your paint is prepped properly cause whatever condition your paint is in before application of this stuff will be the same condition it'll be in afterwards, it'll just have a bit more depth and gloss to it as well as protection from the elements for up to 6 weeks. If you want protection that lasts for about 6 months at a time, apply DuraGloss Total Car Care Polish first and then top it with AW.

Here are a couple examples of the work I've done

Mercedes Benz S430
Jaguar S-Type

Old 07-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

that seems kind of wierd to me, i remember seing the comercial for that and going "yah right!" i can't see that working personally, and wouldn't try that out on my car, i would have to see what it does on someone else's car before i used it on mine.

i'd personally stick with waxing the car, i've never liked any simoniz products really, i stick with meguairs, and something i'd like to try is turtle wax liquid ice

Old 07-15-2007, 09:40 PM

Funny stuff o4montels! Thanks guys for your personal thoughts and input. Ifigure I'm not gonna be using this stuff anytime soon."As seen on tv" stuff usually sux anyway!

Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

that seems kind of wierd to me, i remember seing the comercial for that and going "yah right!" i can't see that working personally, and wouldn't try that out on my car, i would have to see what it does on someone else's car before i used it on mine.

i'd personally stick with waxing the car, i've never liked any simoniz products really, i stick with meguairs, and something i'd like to try is turtle wax liquid ice
I wasn't impressed with ICE, especially for how much it costs, for a few reasons. But first, these are the things I like about it

Can use it under direct sunlight with no problems at all
Easy on, easy off
Perfect product for use on hoods/bumpers with numerous rock chips
A little goes a long way
Readily available

Now what I don't like

Has the consistency of baby oil, kind of messy
claims to remove swirls, but it actually fills them in; temporarily at least
hard to tell where you've applied it/where you still need to remove it from
not very durable; I've gotten two weeks protection maximum out of it
(I wash weekly and QD twice a week, not sure if it doesn't like that or what)
because it's so oily, carnauba waxes don't stick very well to it

With that being said, I do have a bottle of it in my arsenal for those hoods/bumpers with alot of rock chips on them. Because it's clear, it doesn't get gunk build up in the chips so they don't stand out as much. Beyond that, it gets no use. What I do use if I want to do something quick and easy by hand, but want some swirl removing (filling) abilities, as well as some protection and paint enhancing, Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss detailer spray. That stuff rocks!!! Quick and easy to use and will have your car looking like you just waxed it!! Probably the best OTC quick detailing spray on the market, not including Meguiar's new Ultimate Quik Detailer. I have a bottle of it but haven't used it yet so I don't know how it compares and I probably won't use it until it's closer to the time to rewax my car.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah i didn't know too much about that stuff, if you say its not the greatest stuff i'll stay away from it, i just heard lots of good things about it, but those are probably the people that dont like to spend too much time waxing their cars

Old 07-16-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

yah i didn't know too much about that stuff, if you say its not the greatest stuff i'll stay away from it, i just heard lots of good things about it, but those are probably the people that dont like to spend too much time waxing their cars
I have a bottle of it that I've hardly used, I can send you a 3oz sample if you want, that'll be enough to do your car 2 or 3 times at least. Let me know.