Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

TPMS question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 03:04 PM
1 Year Member
Default TPMS question

Hey everyone so my 06' has tire pressure monitors and they seem to not be working properly. I'm probably going to get new ones but I was also running through the idea of if you can just disconnect the light some way and just not run with tire pressure monitors. Is there just a fuse that can be pulled or do you have to get in the dash and have the light pulled or is it possible to just "delete" the code and have the light turned off that way? again I am probably going to just get some new ones but I am running through all the options.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not sure if they are easy to delete, also most shops won't delete the codes for you because they are the law now.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:17 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm not sure if they are easy to delete, also most shops won't delete the codes for you because they are the law now.
I got you, that makes sense. Well maybe you guys can help me out. Here is my issue, the other day I took a look at my front left wheel and it looked really low. so I went through my display and it was saying that it was at 30psi and my front left tire, which looked fine, was at like 21psi. So I physically checked my tires and it was pretty much the exact opposite of what my car was telling me. Which I thought was strange. Could it just be that they need reset, or is there even a way to reset them? or could it just be that I need to get new sensors? I don't want to spend money if I don't have to, that money could go towards my CAI lol. Thanks for any help guys

Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 AM

15 Year Member

Whenever the tires are rotated, you have to relearn the positions with the car.

The manual for the car should explain it to you. It's been a while since I had to do it for my Dad. You basically put the car into relearn mode using the buttons on the dash, then you have to either let air out of, or put air into the front left tire until the car honks. Then you move to the passenger front tire, then the passenger rear, then the driver's rear. Waiting for a honk before you move each time. Then the car learns the positions and then you can put the air in the tires back to 30-32 where you normally run them.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Whenever the tires are rotated, you have to relearn the positions with the car.

The manual for the car should explain it to you. It's been a while since I had to do it for my Dad. You basically put the car into relearn mode using the buttons on the dash, then you have to either let air out of, or put air into the front left tire until the car honks. Then you move to the passenger front tire, then the passenger rear, then the driver's rear. Waiting for a honk before you move each time. Then the car learns the positions and then you can put the air in the tires back to 30-32 where you normally run them.
Ohhhh, that makes sense haha. Thanks Chibi

Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 AM

15 Year Member

no problem