Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Shorter Motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default Shorter Motor mounts

They havee pices for the motor mounts that are shorter and say it will help with launching when racing, do you think these will make any difference between the stock ones.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=890&catid=138

also would this fit my mount I think it would.

thanks for any input

Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i have these on my car, as i got them because i lowered my car and had horrible vibration. It all but killed any vibration, but i still felt the engine move as i launched. i think what your looking for is polyurethane motor mounts. I also have those, got them from intense. Im very happy, and now i have solid launches with almost no engine movement.

the stock rubber engine mounts are soft and under stress, flex a lot causing your engine to move quite a bit.

polyurethane is a much more solid mount, and doesnt flex nearly as much. since the material is solid, you will get a small amount of vibration that you will notice at a dead stop or at idle. your steering wheel will shake a little, but not a whole lot. wont notice it when you start driving.

im also not sure if the engine mounts "dogbones" you had a link to will fit the 2006's.
check out intense motorsports for the engine mounts i was talking about. zzp and msp also make them, but zzp's is too hard some people have said and gives off horrible idle vibration. overall, i've heard intense is great thats why i chose them. i like them a lot.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:46 AM

I got my Zafod out of a closet... And I discovered that there isn't a motor block ring. So I decided to fly it. I measured the motor mount... It's exactly 70mm. There's not enough space to fit a motor block for an US motor, like the ones I've ordered.

I've built the motor mount for the 50mm long Bulgarian motors. So now I can't figure out how to mount the motor inside. The centering rings are stuck with epoxy, so there's no way of removing the motor mount. Is there any hope for this rocket?
__________________________________________________ ______________
Pittsburgh Pay Per Click
solar power systems

Last edited by Emmanuel; 05-23-2009 at 12:57 AM.