Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

fitting 2's

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Default fitting 2's

im about to throw some 22" incubus jinx rims on my 04.. they not really what i was looking for but i cant argue with $750 for rims and tires

the tires are already the size i was gonna do anyway 255/30/22... i want the two inch lift but is beating on the struts something thats necessary??

i dont have a problem with doing it necessarily becuz i know plenty of people with the same lift but is this the best way to make the rear wheels fit?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Just call me Dubs
Default RE: fitting 2's

ORIGINAL: STL_CHeVY_RiDeR

im about to throw some 22" incubus jinx rims on my 04.. they not really what i was looking for but i cant argue with $750 for rims and tires

the tires are already the size i was gonna do anyway 255/30/22... i want the two inch lift but is beating on the struts something thats necessary??

i dont have a problem with doing it necessarily becuz i know plenty of people with the same lift but is this the best way to make the rear wheels fit?

Beating on or cutting the strut plate is the ghetto way to go don't do it get your struts extended that's what I did.It will save you alot of headache later I know a guy who put 22's on his grand prix and he did it the ghetto way.He beat the strut plate up which made the springs sit uneven causing the tires to wear and when he finally took them off to sell the car everyone that took it to a mechanic said it need 2,000 worth a suspension work to make it ride right again.springs and struts were shot tie rods and wheel bearings as well.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:16 PM

Pound the plates up, it's not the ghetto way. Do what you have to & make them work. If you don't have the money for a lift then do it. Sayin it's the ghetto way is dead wrong.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:07 AM

how much it cost you to get your struts extended..

im currently getting a transmission rebuilt im tryna avoid as many future problems as possible...

Old 02-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: wheelguy

Pound the plates up, it's not the ghetto way. Do what you have to & make them work. If you don't have the money for a lift then do it. Sayin it's the ghetto way is dead wrong.
Wheelguy do you have an mc on 22's or bigger or do you know someone that does cause I'm speaking from experience.It's not dead wrong why would you spend all this money on wheels and be cheap when it comes to putting them on and mess your ride up even more.Obiviously you didn't read what I wrote before you must be a baller and spending 2,000 to get your stuff fixed ain't no thang to you.If you wanna do your ride the GHETTO WAY then do so but don't tell someone else to mess there ride up just cause you wanna be cheap about it.All i'm saying is if your gonna do something do it right and don't cut corners.If you ain't got no gwop to get it done wait until you do.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: STL_CHeVY_RiDeR

how much it cost you to get your struts extended..

im currently getting a transmission rebuilt im tryna avoid as many future problems as possible...
My boy has a shop where he does hydro's and airbags and since I had him do my caprice he cut me a brake when it came to my mc.But on the average at any shop that does lifts your looking at 1,500-2,500 depending on what's needed.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: SolowSS

ORIGINAL: wheelguy

Wheelguy do you have an mc on 22's or bigger or do you know someone that does cause I'm speaking from experience.It's not dead wrong why would you spend all this money on wheels and be cheap when it comes to putting them on and mess your ride up even more.Obiviously you didn't read what I wrote before you must be a baller and spending 2,000 to get your stuff fixed ain't no thang to you.If you wanna do your ride the GHETTO WAY then do so but don't tell someone else to mess there ride up just cause you wanna be cheap about it.All i'm saying is if your gonna do something do it right and don't cut corners.If you ain't got no gwop to get it done wait until you do.
One or the other, cant be both. My years in the wheel business is all the experience I need. Most people I know that do 2's, 4's & 6's on cars that need mods don't keep the car for more than a year & the people that buy them are not walking away because of a pounded plate, rolled fender or ground caliper. Different crowd I guess.