Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Blower Motor Resistor

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 08:55 PM

Not a walk in the park but not too bad. As long as you have patience and the right tools.
well worth the outcome!

Old 10-25-2014, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Thomas E Harrison
Replaced the A/C Blower Motor and the Resistor on my 2003 Monte Carlo SS, wasn't easy, but i did it. Six months later the Blower Motor doesn't work, i hit it with a wrench it comes on. four months later Blower Motor not working again, i buy another Resistor, take out the Blower Motor and replace the Resistor, plug everything back in, nothing works, i hit it again with a wrench it works. Now every day i have to hit it with w wrench to get it to work. What is the Problem? Please Help!! weather is getting cold need the Defroster. Thanks
Sounds to me like you need to replace the blower motor.
or get a longer stick.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 AM

I have replaced the resistor on my 03 SS. If you have to hit it seems like a loose connection somewhere. Possibly connector damaged .? I used a good how to from YouTube 1am auto.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:55 PM

I got this at amazon warehouse for like $15 I could not pass that up (about $100 for the ac delco new ), usually when they say like new and offer a huge discount you can grab some pretty good items that were probably returns . it even said made in Canada on it but I'm wondering if it is not messed up 2 of the 3 holes for the where the screws go in look like there really bent , so maybe whoever tried to get this in and could not and returned it or maybe they ordered the wrong part . I have added some pictures . If anyone knows if 2 of the 3 holes are suppose to be bent ? Also it does not have the foam pad that they show in some videos for a new one . I did not catch this before and i'm outside of my 30 day return , Maybe amazon will work with me if this is messed up . Otherwise looks like a high quality part from ac delco .

pictures anywhere online show you need the foam . not sure on that either .

Old 03-21-2019, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by saigashooter
It's worth noting that the resistor module may not be bolted in. Mine (2005) was held in place by what looked like melted plastic pegs that you have no choice but to snap off. there are however two additional mounts so you can install the new one. Also, it's much more comfortable to access the footwell by removing the passenger side seat and laying on the floor.

Happy contorting!
Thank you for the confirmation that they need to be broken off! On an 06' LT, not sure why some have the bolts and some have plastic rivets, but after a half hour twisted and upside down, I gave up trying to get the pegs off before I just broke them... but I will break them tomorrow

Old 11-10-2021, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by saigashooter
It's worth noting that the resistor module may not be bolted in. Mine (2005) was held in place by what looked like melted plastic pegs that you have no choice but to snap off. there are however two additional mounts so you can install the new one. Also, it's much more comfortable to access the footwell by removing the passenger side seat and laying on the floor.

Happy contorting!
Lol thanks for that info on the resistor thought i was trippin when twisted look at it would u know how to remove a stuck passanger seat that you wont to replace also replaced blower and resistor still no heat any thoughts

Old 11-10-2021, 08:13 PM

I had to break it off as well . now i finally have 1,2 working . It was nice and I didnt have to remove the seat lol .. No heat . hmm . Not sure I hope someone else can help .

Old 11-11-2021, 02:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bad thermostat?