Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Beat a Ford Fusion V6 : )

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 AM

"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."
If you are still living 2 recognize ? What `if ?

Last edited by Space; 05-10-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Enzo354
On the road, at midnight, empty 4 lane, miles from town. There is more of a chance of a pedestrian wandering onto the track honestly. The road conditions are always perfect. You wait for a dry night, its not like people go find a crappy road in the ice to race on.
I will agree on the medical part, but you are only putting yourself at risk in that situation, so if you have to wait a few more minutes, then its only you to blame.
That may be your opinion, but statistics prove otherwise. You are not only putting yourself at risk, you are risking the lives or any passengers in your vehicle, others on the road, pedestrians and spectators. I'm sure that all of these drivers felt the same way as you do:

Seven Killed in Street-Race Crash | NowPublic News Coverage

CBC News Indepth: Crime

Street Racing

8 Killed in Street Race Crash - At least 3 more injured, including driver, on Maryland speed strip

Four hurt, one killed in car accident; street racing suspected | Orlando Personal Injury Attorney Blog

1 dead, 4 hurt: Did street racing lead to fatal crash? - Orlando Sentinel

Long Beach Crash: Teen Charged in Street Race Crash That Killed 4 People - ktla.com

Street Racing Deaths

Police: 4 dead, 1 injured after possible street-racing crash | khou.com Houston

Retrial postponed for man charged in 2008 street-racing crash that killed 8

There is no such thing as an "organized" street race. The fact remains that no matter how well planned out there are potential circumstances that are beyond your control. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy racing myself. I have been racing (at the track) for over 35 years. I used to think that I was immune and infallible when it came to racing on the street. The death of a couple good friends was all it took to convince me otherwise.

A lot of people don't think about or consider the consequences of their actions until it's too late. Compared to my friend that survived his accident (but killed his girlfriend) I consider myself lucky. I didn't have to sit in jail and think about what I did. I didn't have to pay off a wrongful death law suit. Most importantly, I don't have to live the rest of my life knowing that my selfish action and desire of "bragging rights" didn't take the life of another.