Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Beat a Ford Fusion V6 : )

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

First: I got to 113 in my monte before i backed out..and it still wanted to GOOOO. No-Mods

Sorry your getting Ragged on jwjones. It was a nice kill, and i cant really say that i dont street race or i dont suport it. But those factors always go into my mind when im about to hit the gas.
But you honistly knew all this before you did it and sometimes people take risks and such, it happens all the time with stuff other than street racing.

If there was a track near me i would definitly do it on there.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:46 PM

I agree with you 100%. Its funny is that some people underestimate younger people on their driving skills, sometimes its nice to know more about someone before judging them. Reason why I say that is because I work with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and I deliver their cars everyday all day dealing with all types of weather conditions and people on the road. This year I had to drive 17hrs on ice that was 3in thick through hills to deliver a car that was going to auction, and I made it there without spinning out once or even losing traction. I've had 1 car accident since I have had my license and I will be 20 this year and I got my license at 16. Only reason I crashed is because a lady in front of me was suppose to be going through a "green" light and she slammed on her brakes for some unknown reason and I rear ended her at 20mph.
Point of the story is, don't judge people on their driving skills if you don't know their driving experience and where they live. I live in Austin, Tx and traffic is HORRIBLE.
Not accusing you Jon just explaining how people underestimate younger drivers

Old 05-09-2011, 06:17 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think everyone sees street racing as the fast and furious type stuff. If you have ever been to an organized thing, you would realize it isnt. It all happens on empty old roads, or a 4 lane way at night. No one is shooting through traffic as fast as they can, thats just plain stupid. If your only putting yourself at risk, how much less safe is it there then at the track. I saw someone hit a deer at a dragstrip before, thats not much better.
Weird thing is, most of the racers are 30s+ Just saying.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:21 PM

I also agree with you Enzo, only reason you see people killed from street racing is because they were racing in traffic. How often do you ever hear about people being killed at an organized street racing meet? I'll be honest, I never have heard it

Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Originally Posted by jwjones
I agree with you 100%. Its funny is that some people underestimate younger people on their driving skills, sometimes its nice to know more about someone before judging them. Reason why I say that is because I work with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and I deliver their cars everyday all day dealing with all types of weather conditions and people on the road. This year I had to drive 17hrs on ice that was 3in thick through hills to deliver a car that was going to auction, and I made it there without spinning out once or even losing traction. I've had 1 car accident since I have had my license and I will be 20 this year and I got my license at 16. Only reason I crashed is because a lady in front of me was suppose to be going through a "green" light and she slammed on her brakes for some unknown reason and I rear ended her at 20mph.
Point of the story is, don't judge people on their driving skills if you don't know their driving experience and where they live. I live in Austin, Tx and traffic is HORRIBLE.
Not accusing you Jon just explaining how people underestimate younger drivers
No i understand since im in the youngest group of drivers (16-17)
Iv taken pride in my driving and im always looking for ways to improve.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:52 AM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Dont use age as an excuse. If people give you advise just take it and use it for what you can. It can only make you better.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Dont use age as an excuse. If people give you advise just take it and use it for what you can. It can only make you better.

EnZo `Brock, U R so Wise for a YoungMan
=================================
Thanks member's for all your comments/words
and being respectful.
Our member's are a very diverse group of many different ages,
backgrounds, experiences, etc. 4-Sure
Peace/Out

Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

jwjones - My previous post had nothing to do with you personally, your age or your driving skill. I am fairly new to the forum and your post was the first I read about street racing, so it was the one I replied to. If I had read a post about it made by someone else first I would have replied to it in the same manner. It is simply my opinion in regards to street racing...nothing more...nothing less.

Someone stated they fail to see the difference between racing on the street versus a track. There are actually quite a few differences. On the street road condition, other drivers and pedestrians all become part of the equation. On the track other drivers and pedestrians are taken out of the equation, and the condition of the track is (usually) better than that of a public roadway. On the street - even on abandoned roads - if an accident occurs you have to wait for medical help to arrive. On the track medical help is only seconds away should the need arise.

Again, my previous post was not directed at anyone in particular nor is this post. I simply pointed out some of the pros and cons regarding racing on the street versus a track. Obviously, the decision as to which path you travel upon is up to the individual. Do yourself a favor though - the next time the urge arises to race someone on the street take a few seconds to think about the potential consequences of your actions. It may just save your life...or the life of someone else.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Say wuhhhh?!!! Ive got my old silver Monte up to 124! Only mods were a FWI and that's it
Idk if it was tuned or not tho

Old 05-10-2011, 09:59 AM
STILL SLOW
10 Year Member

Cool lol ^^

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Someone stated they fail to see the difference between racing on the street versus a track. There are actually quite a few differences. On the street road condition, other drivers and pedestrians all become part of the equation. On the track other drivers and pedestrians are taken out of the equation, and the condition of the track is (usually) better than that of a public roadway. On the street - even on abandoned roads - if an accident occurs you have to wait for medical help to arrive. On the track medical help is only seconds away should the need arise.
On the road, at midnight, empty 4 lane, miles from town. There is more of a chance of a pedestrian wandering onto the track honestly. The road conditions are always perfect. You wait for a dry night, its not like people go find a crappy road in the ice to race on.
I will agree on the medical part, but you are only putting yourself at risk in that situation, so if you have to wait a few more minutes, then its only you to blame.

Quick Reply: Beat a Ford Fusion V6 : )