Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Racing your Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/)
-   -   Beat a Ford Fusion V6 : ) (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/racing-your-monte-26/beat-ford-fusion-v6-27954/)

jwjones 05-04-2011 09:51 PM

Beat a Ford Fusion V6 : )

Today after work I was on my way to grab some food and this guy in a 2010 Ford Fusion V6 flew past me driving like a bat out of hell, so I gunned my car and pulled up next to him at the light and he looked at me then looked at the light. We both watched very closely to the light however I noticed him inching forward, and when the light turned green all you could hear were the sound of tires spinning and the sweet smell of burning rubber. I got him off the line easily, however he started to catch up until I hit 3rd and started pulling away from him again. He slowly started catching back up and we were neck and neck until I immediately hit 4th and after that he no longer stood a chance, I hit 4th and my car just walked away.
That Fusion put up a very good race but, they have only have a 120mph speedometer for a reason :). We got 140mph because we have the ability to exceed that speed :)

red04montels 05-04-2011 10:07 PM

Nice kill.

you should be careful about going into 4th, the shaft is weak and known to break, so when racing you should put it in the 3rd gear selection on the shifter.

is your car tuned? if not you won't get anywhere near that 140, i think the limiter is like 107-111 or so, and even tuned you might not get there without lots of mods haha.

overall tho, way to pwn that noob! lol

jwjones 05-04-2011 10:16 PM

Haha thanks man, and yeah I know we went to about 100mph. My car may be tuned because my Monte has seen 115mph just recently and she kept going, however my exit was coming up.

red04montels 05-04-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by jwjones (Post 321957)
Haha thanks man, and yeah I know we went to about 100mph. My car may be tuned because my Monte has seen 115mph just recently and she kept going, however my exit was coming up.

i just did a quick search and it's either 117 or 118 for the ss

Enzo354 05-05-2011 01:18 AM

Yea it was about 114 on mine.

Space 05-05-2011 05:10 AM

:rolleyes:
Hi JwJones, Great Win & No Tickets/Crashes :eek::D
Have `fun ~>Be Safe out there on your Highways of `life 4-Sure...

Below is infor on your competitor
http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...ticlesmall.jpg

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan

PRICE AS TESTED: $30,760 (base price: $26,465)

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 181 cu in, 2976cc
Power (SAE net): 240 bhp @ 6550 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 223 lb-ft @ 4300 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 107.4 in Length: 190.6 in Width: 72.2 in Height: 56.9 in
Curb weight: 3548 lb
C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 7.1 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 20.0 sec
Zero to 110 mph: 26.2 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 7.3 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 15.5 sec @ 91 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 112 mph
2010 Ford Fusion SEL V6 - Short Take Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

nighthawk626 05-07-2011 05:14 AM

nice killing 6 speed with 4-speed

jeffs93z28 05-07-2011 06:27 AM

Good kill. The best part of that kill was FORD.

03SSLE 05-07-2011 06:59 AM

I might get some grief from members about what I'm going to say, but if that's the case so be it...

If you are going to race take it to the local raceway. There are just too many variables outside of your control when you race on the street. It only takes one mishap to ruin your whole day...or the rest of your life. I have lost two very good friends to street racing. One of them had someone pull out from a side street in front of him. The impact instantly killed him, the person that pulled out in front of him and their 6 year old child. The second mishap occurred when a front tire blew out (ran over something in the street) and the car flipped multiple times. He survived, but the accident killed his girlfriend.

Most raceways set at least one night a week aside for "grudge races". As long as your vehicle meets safety standards you can race. If a mishap does occur, there is medical staff standing by. You have to pay a few bucks at the gate, but it is well worth it. Besides, you can let all your friends know you are racing and they can watch you blow away your competition. :)

Street racing is very dangerous. Every time you do it you are taking a risk with your own life, the life of your passengers and that of everyone else on the road.

AwesomeSS 05-07-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 322649)
I might get some grief from members about what I'm going to say, but if that's the case so be it...

If you are going to race take it to the local raceway. There are just too many variables outside of your control when you race on the street. It only takes one mishap to ruin your whole day...or the rest of your life. I have lost two very good friends to street racing. One of them had someone pull out from a side street in front of him. The impact instantly killed him, the person that pulled out in front of him and their 6 year old child. The second mishap occurred when a front tire blew out (ran over something in the street) and the car flipped multiple times. He survived, but the accident killed his girlfriend.

Most raceways set at least one night a week aside for "grudge races". As long as your vehicle meets safety standards you can race. If a mishap does occur, there is medical staff standing by. You have to pay a few bucks at the gate, but it is well worth it. Besides, you can let all your friends know you are racing and they can watch you blow away your competition. :)

Street racing is very dangerous. Every time you do it you are taking a risk with your own life, the life of your passengers and that of everyone else on the road.

+1 - thanks for posting this!