Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
Default Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion

Has anyone used Bosch Platinum IrFusion spark plugs, or have an opinion on them?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Default RE: Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Karl,[/align][align=center]They are expensive, but every Chevrolet Monte Carlo[/align][align=center]deserves the `best [/align][align=center]Hope the below information helps you on your decision.[/align][align=center]Let us know `if you purchase ? And `if you do, please[/align][align=center]post a review. Good Luck from `Space[/align][align=center][:-]

Bosch 4505 Platinum IR Fusion Spark PlugOther products by Bosch[/align]
[:-]
1 Review
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Price:
$11.21 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

Rebate:
$2.00

Price After Rebate:
$9.21
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Product Features [/align][align=center][*]Patented fused iridium and platinum center electrode, sintered into an extended insulator nose, provides exceptional wear resistance and reaches [/align][*][align=center]Revolutionary surface air gap firing technology featuring Bosch's unique four ground electrode design, delivers the most powerful spark for the most efficient combustion and optimum horsepower without increasing the voltage requirement [/align][*][align=center]Four yttrium-enhanced ground electrodes resist spark plug wear and oxidation for exceptional performance life [/align][*][align=center]Factory pre-set gap set to provide ease of installation - never requires adjustment [/align][*][align=center]Contains one spark plug [/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center]
[/align]
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought

[align=center][/align]
Bosch 4501 Platinum IR Fusion Spark Plug
(5) $10.06
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below Source [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-4505-Pla.../dp/B000PL2B3I[/align]

Old 02-21-2009, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member

Thanks Space,

I actually bought them this morning.. I think they were around $8 at autozone. I plan on putting them in a little later today, with the hope that it warms up later (its 24 degrees right now).. I just wanted to get opinions before I put them in, didn't want to do anything stupid.. I bought the spark plugs, mobil one synthetic oil, the mobil one oil filter, and slick 50 engine treatment... If all goes as planned today, I'll let you know tomorrow how it runs!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL: kschmidt319

Thanks Space,

I actually bought them this morning.. I think they were around $8 at autozone. I plan on putting them in a little later today, with the hope that it warms up later (its 24 degrees right now).. I just wanted to get opinions before I put them in, didn't want to do anything stupid.. I bought the spark plugs, mobil one synthetic oil, the mobil one oil filter, and slick 50 engine treatment... If all goes as planned today, I'll let you know tomorrow how it runs!
Hi Karl, your Welcome 4-Sure!
Glad to read you are putting the best in your Monte Carlo.
I have heard pro`s & con`s on using Slick50.
I would suggest doing a Googles Search before using,
or see `if any of our MCFmembers have used it ?
Wish you warmer weather to enjoy & work onyour Monte.
Look forward to your updates.
Good Luck from `Space

Old 02-22-2009, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member

Well, Saturday didn't go quite as planned.... I started by changing the oil in both my wife and my montes, which was easy of course, then I cleaned my K&N air filter, which was easy... then I moved onto my spark plugs.... I had changed the spark plugs in my wifes 3.4 before, using the engine tilt technique, and it went pretty well. Not so easy in my SS. I got the front 3 off, which took me some time because I swear someone super glued those wires on! I finally got them off, and changed out the spark plugs, then moved my focus to the back 3. I attempted to tilt the engine, and didnt have much luck, but I did good enough to where I could get my hand back there. I tried for over an hour, and couldnt get the wires off. I got so frustrated that I finally gave in, and decided to take it to a shop. After spending over 2 hours at the shop, the mechanic comes out and tells me, hes not having any luck either. He tells me the only way he might be able to do it, is to break the wires. I told him I didnt care, and to do what he had to do. Over an hour later, he was finally done! So I also have new wires now. I do notice a big difference in my car. It definitely gets up and goes a lot better then it did before. So a couple hundred dollars later, my cars doing pretty good.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:02 PM

i have used a set and didnt like them and came across a set of e3 plugs that do a really greast job like tutch the gas and go the speed limit the e3 has a 5 yr warrenty and good for 100,000 miles i am sold on them i have a set in my mustang and my comaro used them as my guine pigs befor i put them in my monte they are a great investment 35.98 at pepboys