Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Need help wiring headlights!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Default Need help wiring headlights!!

Hey everyone,

My first ever thread, woot!

So, last summer I purchased a set of headlights from another member on this site, Trewyn15. He helped me with some of the wiring and I thank him for that because I know very little about it. I am sure some of you followed his thread pretty closely as he was doing a projector retrofit with morimoto mini H1's. His plan was to have a bi-xenon projector retrofitted into the low beam position of the headlight housing and have LEDs in the high beams for looks, which is what I plan on accomplishing also. The idea was that when the low beam was on it would power the stock low beam spot where the projector is, and when the high beam was flipped on the shield on the projector would flip down, (or up, whichever way they flip) and also the LED would come on in the stock high beam position.

I have tried countless times to get these things to work, I've had many people take a look including my dad who is an electrical engineer, all to no avail. The problem that would continually show up is that as soon as I plugged in the power to the headlight assembly, the passenger side light would turn on. This would happen even if the key was not in the ignition and the light stick was not on, and no one i have asked could figure out why.

I had put the project away for the winter while I was at school, but now that I am home for summer I REALLY want to get these things in and show off the finished product that I know at least Trewyn is waiting for haha. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also i hope this is the right place for this post, like i said, first time. Thanks!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:54 PM

bump.