General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

headlights vs. headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:23 AM
Default headlights vs. headlights

ok I currently own a crappy grandprix gtp 97 it was wrecked before i bought it and the headlights suck. my mom has a 2000 buick regal and i can see 50x better at night and lets just say i dont drive slow. So next time I take out my car i could have a new hood ornament of something. i was wondering how is the headlights in the monte's around the year 00-05 stock are they as good as the buicks? I am wanting a monte for a sport car. I currently own a 4dr and being a 18 im not near ready for a family! thanks guys [8D]

Old 08-28-2006, 04:50 AM
Default RE: headlights vs. headlights

Welcome to the forum.

Headlights are great. Especially with upgraded bulbs. I am a stickler for lights as well. I test drove my '05 LT at night and loved it from the start.

oh, and...SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!! I've seen too many young people get themselves in trouble with speed. Many of my young friends have died in car accidents this past 5 years. There are people who love you, don't make them sad!! I speak from experience. When I was 18, I thought I was invincible. OK, enough preaching.

I would love to see you get a 00-05 monte carlo. this is a great car for younger people. very safe, very manageable, very competent car. I would much rather see you in that than a '96 civic hatchback.

Be safe, and happy monte-ing!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:17 PM

I kinda disagree. I have a 2002 Monte Carlo and its my first car. They make great cars, very fun to drive. However, I disagree about the headlights. I think the stock low-beams are horrible at night. I upgraded mine to Sylvania Silverstars right away. Those make it alot better, but still not amazing. But overall they are great cars. I'd stick with the 3400 if you have to pay for gas.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:20 AM

I wonder if the '05 model brought better lighting to the table? I think it is very adequate. I must say, though, the fog lights are not favourable. I would love to switch them out to something brighter.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:20 AM

reverse lights too! (not bright enough)

Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 PM

its possible they got some better bulbs or something for 2005?