General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Major wiring issues. NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Question Major wiring issues. NEED HELP!!

I just bought a 2000 monte carlo from a friend that had it sitting in his garage. It was running and I went to check the trans fluid since it seems to be shifting a little hard, and when I went to put the dip stick back in I got a shock from where the dip stick sits. I tried 2 more times and wasnt able becaue I kept getting shocked. I eventually turned the car off and and put it back in. I was wondering why I got a shock from it? And also when it is at lower rpms it shows as if the alternator is going but I replaced that and I still have problems of it seeming to not have enough power. Any advice will be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Old 01-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

maybe the plug wires are bad and your getting the shock because the trans stick is close to the plug wires and it was running at the same time? just a guess from me? you may also need a new battery? I'm not 100% sure, hopefully another member will be able to help! by the way, welcome the forum, when you get a chance tell us more about your monte and put up some pics. hope you get it figured out.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 AM

I looked at the wires last night and I found out that there is a small arc of electricity coming from what looks like part of my firewall and going into a tubr coming from it. I am going to try and wrap the tube in electrical tape till a certified mechanic can look at it. Im not sure what is grounding into what the arc is coming from but thanks for the help. If I wouldnt have looked there I wouldnt have seen it since its in the same area.