Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 02:48 PM

DEPENDING on the price, I'm newly in for a WS-6 Ram Air.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Hey guys still a member of this group but as it runs now I am currently keeping my options open based on the final design choice of the majority as I am still very interested in my own one of a kind hood I will be starting a seperate thread looking for opinions as in the offseason will have a custom hood project would love some opinions guys, here is my final input on hood idea for the group and what I will be basing my custom design off will be a functional hood built off our steel hood base its the C5 ramair design

Old 07-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by nemesis
here's photoshop of a grand prix cowl hood someone done for my monte couple years ago.

This is the only thing I am interested in. Anything else I do not want. So I will say this: Until it has been decided that it's a basic smooth cowl like this one or similar to it I am not interested.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by 7801MonteMan
This is the only thing I am interested in. Anything else I do not want. So I will say this: Until it has been decided that it's a basic smooth cowl like this one or similar to it I am not interested.
X2 Count me in for something like this.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 PM

I like the C5 design. My problem is that they said they would but then said they cant. Now they keep pushing it back because they are too busy. We need them to say a for sure yes and decide what hood they can build befor we get our 10 guys. we all have diffrent tastes.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

just an idea, y not have them just make a factory replacement hood in fiberglass and everyone buy that and then take it to a local body shop with what ever fiberglass scoop you want on it and have the local shop mold it in and make it functional?

or just buy a junkyard factory hood and mold the fibergalss scoop to the steel hood so everyone can have there own unique hood?

everyone is concerned about the fiberglass cracking where is was attached to the steel hood but so far so good with my hood (seen 130mph 4 times and 100-110mph many times already, drove 75-80mph for 3hrs to carlisle and the same back as well) and the body shop that did my hood said he has done 4 other hoods (molding fiberglass to steel) and he knows the people personally and to this day they still have not cracked. (been done for a number of years)

this company honestly dont seem interested in helping you guys out if they keep pushing this off. (work is work, you take it when you can get it and you dont turn it down unless you dont feel comfortable doing the job)

hope something works out for you guys soon

Old 07-04-2012, 11:46 PM

I started it but, They just keep pushing it back so far I am losing intrest. I already have a second hood might just make my own. Friend told me to just fiberglass the whole top and it wouldn't crack.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you started an awesome thread and had an awesome idea but the company dont seem to be willing to make anything you ask them to make which really sucks but atleast if everyone makes there own custom hood every one will have there own unique 1 of a kind hood like i did lol

Old 07-05-2012, 12:45 AM

It seems that the company isn't taking us very seriously because there's always someone who's backing out.

I have my top preferences just like everyone else, but in the end, I think they're all good and I'd be happy with any of them because they're custom hoods and we'd get a decent deal on them buying together and they look better than a regular old run-of-the-mill stock hood. When it's a group thing like this, everyone's relying on each individual. I'm not advocating some of you "take one for the team" so we can get this over with - because it's not exactly cheap and you absolutely shouldn't go with something you hate - but I don't know why some of you favor one specific hood SO strongly over ANY of the others that it's your way or the highway. It's a team effort, all or nothing. Would it really be so hard for some of you to go with your #2 choice so that we can actually make this happen? Really none of these hoods are THAT bad. What happened to a little compromise? I think we'd all be pretty pleased with a special, custom hood of our own, in the end.

Just my .02

Last edited by milrlyt; 07-05-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:17 AM

Why should people compromise if they have an opinion on what they like and don't like. I'm sorry those other two hood options I have no interest in at all and would not put on my car. I don't like them and I am not going to put up money for something that I don't want. That's why I have a strong opinion on what I want and don't want. I have read through the thread and I don't feel like anyone has said my way or the highway. I can only speak for myself and if I come off that way I apologize.

Quick Reply: Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.