Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Default Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.

VFN fiberglass has agreed to make a mold and make functional fiberglass ram air ws-6 style hoods for the 6th gen monte. Catch is it would cost a few thousand to do just one so he said no. But he said if I get 9 more guys (10 total) who want a functional, internaly re-enforced, bolt on, 6th gen monte carlo ws-6 hood they will make them. 100-150 security deposit and remainder of cost of hood upon mold completion. These guys are really good and can even make full fiberglass bodies so its not cheap crap but quality work for great prices. We would also get a group discount for buying in bulk. He has not told me a price per hood yet but I will ask him about it if I get at least 9 of you to say you want one. I would asume probably somewhere around 600-700 minus the security deposit. This would be a good first step toward getting some more 6th gen monte parts available for enthusiasts.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 03-22-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:14 PM

They are basically making it like the nonfunctional, but it will be functional and much stronger. I said it will be a functional hood in first post. Like if pfyc made a ws-6 hood but better. Its not like they are amateurs. They make full 2011 fiberglass camaro bodies. They also make several fully fiberglass extended drag front ends for firebirds, Older Luminas, Camaros, ect... and lots of stuff for the 5th gen Monte Carlo. It would be a paint, bolt, and go hood. I cant garantee fitment but they make hoods for 100 other cars so pretty sure it would fit. And its not possible for a pic because Its not made. They wont make a mold until at least 10 ppl make a $100 deposit. After That they make the hoods and call the ppl who made the deposit and have them pay the difference then they mail out the hoods.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 PM

i would want one but the only reason i havent bought the other one yet is because i havent had the money......hope you can get it made i would want one

Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cleaned up the thread. Please only post in this if you are interested. This guy is trying to get a group buy going to start a new product

Best of luck getting the necessary people!!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wise move on the clean up.
@Mr Grizzly Mint - I'm not in the market for a new hood, but I think it might help people to have a visual rather then text. Any way you can have someone photoshop what this hood would look like on a Monte?

Best of luck rallying support

Old 03-26-2012, 11:53 AM

I will see If I can make a pic. Just talked to him them again and he said a bolt on hood would be $515ish so after the $100 deposit $415 plus shipping. Not a garanteed price but a ballpark based of other ws-6 style hoods they have made in the past. So what I guessed was high.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 03-26-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 PM

bump...

Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 PM

I'm assuming that that doesn't come painted :P Do you know where the hoods would ship from? (I'm from Canada so i'm trying to see roughly how much this might cost)

Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Wise move on the clean up.
@Mr Grizzly Mint - I'm not in the market for a new hood, but I think it might help people to have a visual rather then text. Any way you can have someone photoshop what this hood would look like on a Monte?

Best of luck rallying support
I guess it should be this one here but functional.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 PM

Yea one of those but functional. And they are out of Addison IL. vfnfiberglass.com if you want to check them out. Been making fiberglass drag car parts for 40 years. Alot of thier stuff is pin on but the make alot of bolt on hoods to they are just twice the weight. like 23lbs instead of 14lbs. Message me if you are in, and post here that your in, at 2 atm. Need more people and might take a bit so it will give you time to save up. When we hit 10 I will send a message to all who are in, we send our deposit, and they call us for remainder when hoods are finished. Bright side is there will be only ten in the world until more people start buying them cus we started a new product.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 03-26-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.