Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 AM

What I'm asking is, how the heck to we transport it if we don't have a truck to haul it off somewhere? I live in a small apartment, I have absolutely no room for a hood to just sit around.

And pick-up. I live in an apartment complex. I'm not sure how exactly it can get delivered to my apt. I don't live in the greatest area either, so I wouldn't want it anywhere but a secure location, but then comes the problem of transporting it again.

This is the only concern of mine about this whole business. I don't know how to get around it. And it's a pretty significant issue.

Last edited by milrlyt; 05-28-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:06 PM

Well, you could request a pick up at the shipping company, go there with a friend and a 13mm socket with ratchet (some one correct if im wrong on the size) take your old one off in the parking lot, put the new on it... then take the old one, put it on the ground and fold it half (with 2 guys, shouldnt be an issue) shove it in the truck and drop it off at the closest dump/transfer station and your done! (just gotta go to a paintshopt to get it painted!

Old 05-28-2012, 12:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I wouldn't recommend dumping the old hood. When I had my aftermarket hood on I kept the old one just in case I ever wanted to demod or sell the old one or just change back to sell the car, etc. I also wouldn't put the fiberglass hood on and drive with it unpainted. Fiberglass doesn't hold up well to the elements, unless your driving straight to a paint shop.

If I were you I would figure out where you're going to have the hood painted and just ask them if you could have it shipped there. I know a friend of mine had his body kit and hood shipped to a paint shop, they painted it, then he just stopped in when it was done and they installed it all for him. Most places could probably hold onto your old hood for a little while until you figure out if your going to sell it or find somewhere to store it. Hope some of this helps. I too live in an apartment where I'm usually pretty nervous to have stuff shipped too. Actually had my catback system shipped here and I skipped class and work just to wait for it lol.. didn't want anyone to have a chance to steal it or something haha.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:43 PM

Transportation just ask any of your freinds w a truck, you have to know someone with a truck, and a case of beer is all that is needed for a hand. old hood you could store, scrap, junk, sell, anything you wanted.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:23 PM

geeze... i didnt think anyone would take me seriously on that lol

Old 05-29-2012, 11:08 AM

I know of a Maaco just down the road from here, but I'm sure they'd charge extra for having it shipped there or something, wouldn't they? And I'm not so sure how I feel about leaving a hood to be painted black of all colors in the hands of Maaco...

Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 AM

Dude lol there are a million paint shops near me and im in the sticks. You are in atlanta open a phone book and you will see a ton near you just call each shop and find one that wants your business. It needs to be taken there anyway no shop will charge for a product being brought to them that they need to paint that would just be stupid lol.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 AM

Phone book?

Your age is showing

Old 05-30-2012, 04:15 PM

Im 25 but very low tech. I still rock a nokia bar phone. Had the green and black pixle screen until I was 23 then I upgraded to one with color and a camera but its still 10 years old. When the internet crashes one day I will still know how to use a phone book will you?

Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 PM

Ok well its about time. Hope yal got your $100 down payments ready.

Quick Reply: Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.