Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

looking for change

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 PM
1 Year Member
Default looking for change

Anyone have ideas? Looking to maybe lower the car and get bigger rims? Any input from anyone? Thanks

Old 07-25-2013, 07:59 AM

Hi `Murray,
First, what is your mod budget ? Is everything in top condition ? If not, I would take care of everything that's not in good condition like> brakes, exhaust, belts, hoses, trans filter, radiator flush etc...

I think your Monte would look great lowered & with new rims that you like....I'd do what is best for you & your Monte > Good Luck

Old 07-25-2013, 08:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the look you have now with those rims. If it's a daily driver and your roads aren't perfect, I wouldn't lower it.

There's TONS you can do on this platform though, just find a few cheap/fun mods and do some stuff

Old 07-25-2013, 09:33 AM
1 Year Member

Everything is in top condition and up to date. Lowering is still on the fence because it being a daily driver and winters can get bad

Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Murray137
Everything is in top condition and up to date. Lowering is still on the fence because it being a daily driver and winters can get bad

Hi `Murray,
It's great to read that your Monte is in Top Condition...I've seen so many that do appearance Mod's & they neglect their regular maintenance

What State to you reside ? Do you keep your Monte in a garage ?
Have you done any exhaust modifications ? Have you done the u-bend delete to your system. I love the sounds of a good free flowing exhaust + a good set of tips to set things `off...

I don't need a million watts sound system `if I have a well tune & sounding exhaust note..."It's music to my ears" LOL

Keep us updated on what you decide..
p.s. I agree with Admin `Mike & like the rim's that you have..You have a great looking Monte 4-Sure...>EnJoy

Wish you safe & happy miles

Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 AM

As everyone has said so far, I like the rims you have. If you want to change them and you want a "beefier" look then you could look around and get the 7th gen SS rims (i believe they are only on the SS). That will jump you up to an 18" wheel and the bigger spokes will bring a mean look to your monte. You could also look into interior work as well, such as new 2 tone leather seats, if you don't have a sunroof you could have some kind of graphic put on the roof. Maybe have your headrests embroidered. You could get some larger exhaust tips. Maybe paint your ground effects to match your strips. If your not supercharged, you could always do that. If you still have an engine cover then you could paint that and make it all nice to help the engine bay pop. You could also get some smoked headlights. Maybe go to a smoked LED tail light. I think that's about all the ideas I have lol.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Everyone has different opinions on lowering a car I guess. Lowering greatly improves the stance of the car. I lowered my 03 SS (1.5" drop) and drove it like that as my daily driver for three years. The ride felt fine to me; wasn't harsh or anything that I couldn't deal with on a daily basis. Sure the ride was firmer and the car felt more planted to the road, but by no means was it undesirable. My 06 SS is lowered (1.8" drop) and honestly I would drive it as a daily driver, even though I don't. Again, there's nothing that undesirable about the ride that would keep me away from driving it everyday.

For wheels, I'd say what you have is nice, although 18's or 20's would be an option to improve the car's appearance and stance. As iMuf mentioned, the stock 18's on the 06-07 SS would be an option; others have done that. If you do decide to go with something larger than the stock wheels you currently have please don't go with anything over 20's.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM
1 Year Member

I'll have to post some interior pics later. I have 2 toned seats along with floor mats and steering wheel cover. Full interior and exterior led lighting. Vx mufflers with straight pipe. Adding a cia today. I was thinking about getting the new ss Rims but they're hard to come by for a fair price.