Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Are you in the Military ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Are you in the Military ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]Click below link for news updates[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.usafns.com/[/align]

Old 08-25-2007, 09:14 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.honoringamericantroops.com[/align]

Old 08-25-2007, 04:43 PM

Canadian Armed Forces! 1 Canadian Field Hospital! Driving the Starlight!

"Gittin r dun.."

Old 08-25-2007, 07:07 PM

I have the utmost respect for people in the military. Whenever I take in a military ID at work (we verify ID to release tickets), I always ask them what branch they served in, for how long, and if they are still active. ThenI thank them for their service to the country.

Iaspire to become a police officer. I believe deeply in the "Protect and Serve" ideology and want to make a difference in the world. My Grandfather was a lieutenant in the Miami/Dade PD for many years. He purposefully failed the Captain Exam 3 times because he didn't want to be stuck behind a desk. I finallygot my wife to warm up to the idea, soI am working on it.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:01 PM

I was in the Air Force for 7 years
Was a Fire Truck Mechanic
Stationed in England for 3 years, then Tampa Fl for the rest of the time

Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 PM

[align=center]A few of my Beach Bum friends are looking[/align][align=center]into enlisting. My grandfather found this site for[/align][align=center]them to view. [X(][X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]After viewing this report [X(]my problems are all small.[/align][align=center]Over 27,000 military injured in the War : ([/align]

[align=center]Casualties in Iraq
The Human Cost of Occupation

Edited by Margaret Griffis :: Contact

[/align][align=center]American Military Casualties in Iraq [/align][align=center][X(][:-]Click below link [:-][X(]
http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/[/align]

Old 08-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider
[align=center]A few of my Beach Bum friends are looking[/align][align=center]into enlisting. My grandfather found this site for[/align][align=center]them to view. [X(][X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]After viewing this report [X(]my problems are all small.[/align][align=center]Over 27,000 military injured in the War : ([/align]

[align=center]Casualties in Iraq
The Human Cost of Occupation

Edited by Margaret Griffis :: Contact

[/align][align=center]American Military Casualties in Iraq [/align][align=center][X(][:-]Click below link [:-][X(]
http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/[/align]

This site is pretty moving:

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/us/200612...ACES_TAB1.html

Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 AM

$ 20,000.00
Incentive to Enlist + Educational Benefit's
Beach Bum's are thinking about `it.
Life is a Gamble ~ Isn't `it ?
If you were in your late teens/early 20's, would
you consider enlisting in the Military Services ?
August 27th, 2007 at 12:14 am[/align]$20,000.00 Army Signup Bonus To “Express Mail” New Recruits To War Zone A Big Hit
» by The GTL™ in: Terrorism, President Bush, Military, Iraq, Think, Politics, National Politics, War on Terror[/align]When your President insists upon keeping the military engaged in combat operations in a foreign civil war with little or no domestic support and declining troop morale, what’s an Army to do?
Why, of course, the answer is: BIG BUCKS REAL QUICK, SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE NOW!
From The Washington Post:
[blockquote]
Many Take Army’s ‘Quick Ship’ Bonus
$20,000 Is Lure to Leave Within Days
By Josh White
More than 90 percent of the Army’s new recruits since late July have accepted a $20,000 “quick ship” bonus to leave for basic combat training by the end of September, putting thousands of Americans into uniform almost immediately.
Many recruits who take the bonus — scoring in many cases the equivalent of more than a year’s pay — leave their homes within days, recruiters said. The initiative is part of an effort by Army officials to meet year-end recruiting goals after a two-month slump earlier this year. With the fiscal year ending Sept. 30, the Army hopes the extra cash motivates those interested in joining or entices those just considering enlisting.
The program began on July 25, and in three weeks the Army had enlisted 3,814 recruits using the bonus, according to the U.S. Army Recruiting Command in Fort Knox, Ky. Those recruits accounted for 92 percent of the 4,149 recruits who signed contracts between July 25 and Aug. 13.
The $20,000 bonus is a hefty sum for many of the individuals the Army targets most aggressively …”
[/blockquote]