Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Are you in the Military ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:15 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Are you in the Military ?

[align=center]Are you presently in the Military Service ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post `if you are, and post `if you have been.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I respect all that are serving, or have served their country.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks to all Military Personnel, past & present.[/align][align=center](Law Enforcement also : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]North America's Major Military Forces[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for participating in the MCF Poll[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Are you in the Military ?

[align=center]`Space prays for[/align][align=center]Peace for all..[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One Rule, One Commandment[/align][align=center]`Don't purposedly Hurt ~ Anyone,[/align][align=center]but use all resources/power to defend : )[/align][align=center]`Amen[/align]

Old 08-24-2007, 11:05 AM

yeah i was in for a verry short time till i blew out my knee, But my wife was in for 16years till recently being retierd out medically.

I support all troops also.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:51 AM

Army, almost 4 years service. UH-60 Blackhawk Crewchief technician.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:23 PM

[align=center]Thanks to allMilitary Personnelfor your Service[/align][align=center]to your Country,for defendingour Freedoms.[/align][align=center]I don't take them 4-granted. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Many impressions you have of the Military may not be grounded in actual fact. You may be surprised to learn what the Military is really like. Take a look at a few myths out there—then learn the facts behind some of these misconceptions.

[/align][align=center]
Myth:[/align][align=center]The Military is a roadblock to a higher education.

[/align][align=center]
Reality:[/align][align=center][*]Qualified servicemembers can receive more than $70,000 in tuition benefits. [/align][*][align=center]Over 30,000 degrees were earned by service personnel in 1999 alone. [/align][*][align=center]The Military operates over 300 schools, teaching more than 10,000 courses. [/align][*][align=center]More than half the enlisted force has some college experience. [/align][*][align=center]The Military offers retired personnel up to $100/month reimbursement for tutorial assistance. [/align][*][align=center]The Military provides free training for personnel interested in starting or enhancing a small business. [/align][*][align=center]Many military bases bring in professors from local colleges to teach courses. [/align][*][align=center]Military personnel can take college courses through the Internet. [/align][ul][align=center]
Get more information about the college opportunities available in the Military. [/align][/ul][align=center]Myth:[/align][align=center]People in the Military are not compensated as well as private sector workers.

[/align][align=center]
Reality: [/align][*][align=center]Every servicemember receives 30 days of paid vacation annually. [/align][*][align=center]Many allowances paid out by the Military are tax-exempt. [/align][*][align=center]Members of the Military receive discounts for childcare, vacations, and golf. [/align][*][align=center]The Army, Navy, and Air Force offer up to a $20,000 enlistment bonus. [/align][*][align=center]After 20 years of service, retired personnel can potentially receive military retirement pay for life. [/align][*][align=center]Military pay is comparable and in some cases better than its civilian counterparts.

Get more information about compensation in the Military.

[/align][align=center]
Myth:[/align][align=center]Women have a hard time achieving success in the Military.

[/align][align=center]
Reality: [/align][*][align=center]Approximately 95% of all jobs in the Military are open to women. [/align][*][align=center]The percentage of women serving on active duty in the Military has more than doubled since 1978. [/align][*][align=center]Women account for close to 20% of the U.S. Military. [/align][*][align=center]Women account for the largest increase in enlistment.
Get more information about opportunities for women in the Military.

[/align][align=center]
Myth:[/align][align=center][b]Military training and jobs have little relation to the

Old 08-24-2007, 12:26 PM

[align=center]
Canadian Forces[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 08-24-2007, 12:36 PM

Oh, did I mention that every penny I make deployed overseas is completely tax exempt.

-Keegan

Old 08-24-2007, 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Oh, did I mention that every penny I make deployed overseas is completely tax exempt.

-Keegan
Keegan, I think it should be : ) More $$Money$$ to put into your
awesome Monte Carlo SS.
We look forward to your safe return. Thanks for your service.
Are you taking advantage of the educational benefits ?
Two of my Beach Bum friends are looking into
enlisting in the Marines.
They ask me, and I just said that everyone has to make their own
decision about their direction in life.
I would enlist to protect the ones I love, my country,
`if I believed in our missions, our purpose, our polictical leadership.
My grandfather served in the Military, and was in Viet Nam
for three tours 66-67-68. He doesn't encourage me to enlist @ present.
~ Peace 4 all ~
`Space & the Beach Bum's

Old 08-24-2007, 01:25 PM

[align=center]
Mexico Military[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
[/align][/align]

Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
Mexico Military[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Mexico[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/align][/align]
LOL!!! What a kleptocracy!!!

Actually, I was too young for Vietnam and too old for the Gulf War.

My Grandfather got 3 purple heart in Iwojima.

My eldest uncle died in the Korean Conflict.

I hated the peace protestors of the 60's, they ruined everything with their LSD and Marijuana lead protests.

Just my $200 worth.

GPD out!!!

Quick Reply: Are you in the Military ?