New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member from the Military

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Default New Member from the Military

Hey new member staioned at Fort leonard wood, Mo soon to be Fort Richardson, Ak. anyway a few years back I owned an 02 Monte (don't ask) now due to my to my new wifes parents I was given a 1998 Monte with all the bells and whitles. They had the car for 7 years and was my wifes first and only car. I'd rather have a Crown Vic( with being a Cop and all)but I like owning the monte with all the racing history that comes with it. I have been a chevy racing fan for many many years. Anyway I will post pics soon as I get them. Have a great day and comment if you would like to.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 AM
Default RE: New Member from the Military

ORIGINAL: Blue_wolf

Hey new member staioned at Fort leonard wood, Mo soon to be Fort Richardson, Ak. anyway a few years back I owned an 02 Monte (don't ask) now due to my to my new wifes parents I was given a 1998 Monte with all the bells and whitles. They had the car for 7 years and was my wifes first and only car. I'd rather have a Crown Vic( with being a Cop and all)but I like owning the monte with all the racing history that comes with it. I have been a chevy racing fan for many many years. Anyway I will post pics soon as I get them. Have a great day and comment if you would like to.
Hi `Jonathan,
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.
Thanks for your service to our country, to the World.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Tell us all about your 98 Monte & what you are going to do to it ?
If you rather have a Crown Vic Police car(being a cop & all) ?, maybe you should sell
your Monte or trade it for what you desire, or you could put
hidden police lights on your 98 Monte
Wish you good luck in whatever you drive, but I think the
Monte Carlo is a keeper and better `ride
Be Safe on your `journey,
`Space

Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM

We are gonna keep the Monte unless a really good offer comes along. first and for most gonna fix the sunroof and the front leather seats, and tint the windows black. While that is going on I want to put a sound system in it(not sure what to put in). New paint is a must. The wife wants to stay with the gold with her being a Missouri fan and all. The interior will be changed from the neutral to black and gold. there will be an addition of light inside and out. After i get the car looking the way i want it to. I will replace the motor, tranny and new rims. I'm not sure how I am gonna get all of this done or how long it will take. I'm hoping for another deployment so i can help pay for all of it.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:24 PM

hello and welcome! we have our first police officer on the forum (to my knowledge at least)

Old 02-10-2009, 10:40 PM

thank you and don't type to fast I do have my radar out

Old 02-11-2009, 04:55 PM

WELCOME and again, thank you for your service. We are free because of you. Somewhere in here there's a Monte Police Car, if I can find it, I'll post it for ya.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site! My Fiance drives a 96 Crown Vic as his winter beater and it is loaded with the heavy duty cool cop stuff...Dual exhaust, sway bars, the works. It definaltly is a sleeper because it is a purplish color with a tan interior. It rides very nice - even over all of those pesky pot holes we have here.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 PM

welcome

Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 AM

thank you everyone for the welcome. Also you are welcome for serving this great country I am proud to be able to do it. I do love monte's and vic's. I've owed two of each and had no problems with them. if I can talk the wife into it I want to get a 80's style she wants a 2007. if there was anyway to pay for all of the insurance I woud keep the trail blazer buy a 80's style and her 07 as well as my vic. but money is tight so I will fix up my 98. I will post pics asap, I have to clean her out first. with me having strange hours she doesn't always get the attention she needs. I plan on using this site quite abit not only for help but Ideas. Your 2008 MOM has givin me a lot of ideas and the wife like it to so I can do somethings to it now. BTW where can I get some good sound equipment for cheap?