Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Whats YOUR favorite Classic car or Muscle car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Possum
My all-time favorite muscle car is the '86 Monte SS. If anyone has one that doesn't guzzle gas, is black with red pinstripes, black leather interior with heated seats, Magnaflow exhaust with 3" tips, and no rust anywhere - please send it to me. Thanks.
Angie I love your pic. I would want red leather though.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
65 Lincoln continental (dropped, black alittle smaller rims than in pic)

4th gen MC

many more i'll finish up my list tonight
I like the hood ornament on that Lincoln. Did they all come with that? Lol.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Yeah i love my 04 its an amazing car, the interior is amazing for a sports car way better than my 03 vette was, id still like to trade mine for a 06 LS2
When that model/gen of GTO began showing up, I became a sucker for little things on it. The black with red stitching, the power window controls in the center console (like my 3rd gen Camaro and '94 Grand Am have, don't know why, but I love that, wish the Monte had that). OH and the drive train with some nice UMPH! Awesome car! And the ones I drove had the 6 speed (fun on wheels man).

But you have one, so you know already

Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

There have been some great pics posted so far. I like all the choices every one has listed. I would like to add a few:

Buick GNX
68 Chevelle
70 cutlass 442 W30 and
of course the Bandit

Old 12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by zjerry
You are correct about how many where made 1970 Monte SS LS6 None where made factory.

The only engine you could get in a 1970 Super Sport Monte Carlo was the LS-5 454/360HP.They produced 3823 of them for regular customers.
The LS-5 was a real RPO from the Factory for Corvettes-Chevelles-M/C-Big Passenger & Wagons.
Chevrolet never produced a 1970 Monte Carlo LS-6 as a Regular Production Option.
Theres I want to say less than 50 with the LS6 but I don't if it was normal production or if it was a dealer order upgrade option I really can't for the life of me remember the details about them.The LS5 still a powerful engine with more torque than you'll ever need.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by zenloser
Theres I want to say less than 50 with the LS6 but I don't if it was normal production or if it was a dealer order upgrade option I really can't for the life of me remember the details about them.The LS5 still a powerful engine with more torque than you'll ever need.
Iam just going by what I heard dealer's may have installed 10 in Montes

here's a link about none factory LINK:The First Generation Monte Carlo Club

Old 12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm thinking they were Dealer ordered.I know some dealers back in the day would order up some funky options just for the hell of it.I wish I could remember were I seen the that they put the LS6 in them.It was some auto show I just can't think of it.
I'd still end up Biulding up the engine.I can never leave them a lone.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by zenloser
I'm thinking they were Dealer ordered.I know some dealers back in the day would order up some funky options just for the hell of it.I wish I could remember were I seen the that they put the LS6 in them.It was some auto show I just can't think of it.
I'd still end up Biulding up the engine.I can never leave them a lone.
I still would love to have any big block in a 1970 Monte
I would like a 1969 ZL1 corvette all aluminum 427 only 2 were build..

ultra-rare ZL1 option, this all-aluminum engine became the rarest and most expensive engine option in GM history. According to Chevrolet production records, only two Corvettes were built with the ZL1 option in 1969. While several owners have claimed to own a ZL1, only one has been able to prove it-until now. This is the true story of the second documented ZL1

Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
When that model/gen of GTO began showing up, I became a sucker for little things on it. The black with red stitching, the power window controls in the center console (like my 3rd gen Camaro and '94 Grand Am have, don't know why, but I love that, wish the Monte had that). OH and the drive train with some nice UMPH! Awesome car! And the ones I drove had the 6 speed (fun on wheels man).

But you have one, so you know already
Did u ever notice they dont have door lock buttons? & yeah i love the red stiching on my shifter but i really wish i had the red interior, i hate the red gauges though cant see em well.at night

& thats a rare vette jerry, my dad had a 67 L88 1 of 20 made

Old 12-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Did u ever notice they dont have door lock buttons? & yeah i love the red stiching on my shifter but i really wish i had the red interior, i hate the red gauges though cant see em well.at night
Never noticed the door lock buttons. That's funny.

I really think those GTOs were great (especially since GM no longer had the Camaro or the Firebird in the line up). Main reason I never pursued one was I did not want to get a RWD car that may end up becoming my daily driver.

Quick Reply: Whats YOUR favorite Classic car or Muscle car?