Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What kind of cell phone do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 04:32 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Not true at all!!! You are renewing your contract with an upgraded phone, NOT signing a completely NEW contract.

I have switched Blackberrys while keeping my unlimited data.

(And don't get me started on the Blackberry vs iPhone stuff I guess you all just like charging your phones multiple times a day) Me I like charging every 3 days.

And when you have a keyboard, you can type faster than siri can :p
When their system doesn't go down for four days. lol

Old 10-22-2011, 07:54 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a Droid X on Verizon and I love it. I plan on upgrading to the next model of Droid in another year.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:17 PM

I started getting cell phones seven or eight years ago. I came late to the party. I didn't think I needed a cell phone until after I got one. My first phone was a Nokia and it was analog. Probably the best phone I ever had. It never dropped a call and I had service almost everywhere. That was with Cingular. Since then I have had a new phone at least every two years. I have had an LG, a Motorola flip phone that had a strange name. I then got smart phones. For the last two years I have had a Blackberry and I like it. I use it at work and I post here with it. I understand that the RIM network is a secure network and that is why companies like it. The things I don't like is that it takes 15 minutes to reboot and when it freezers. I like it well enough that I added another line to keep it when I got my new I-Phone 4S this week. I am still learning it. It is completely different than the Blackberry. I am not saying better than Blackberry, ay least not yet but it is different. I agree the battery goes dead too quick. I use the Verizon network and we have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. I couldn't afford it if I had to pay for the data I use.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:40 AM

Env3, I hate phones with internet they to expensive when you can have a laptop lol

Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 PM

I have a blackberry bold 9650. For me, physical keyboard is a must. And blackberry has the best keyboard as far as I'm concerned. Plus I'm used to it. I will be upgrading to the 9930 as soon as I come up for an upgrade in January. As long as Blackberry keeps coming out with phones I will keep buying them. Hasn't let me down yet and I've had some form of blackberry for 4 years now. I'm with Verizon and have been for 5 years now. No plans on leaving since they by far have the best coverage in my area.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM

I had a Curve 1 with the roller ball. It was my first smart phone so I thought it was neat but looking back, that roller ball was awful. Now I have a Curve 2 and it's ok. I would much rather have an android or iphone. Blackberrys don't have nearly as many apps or games. It's a company phone so I just use whatever they give me and grateful I don't have a cell phone bill, so I can't complain. It is due to be replaced Q1 next year and I hope they don't go with the new Curve regardless of the improvements...

Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 AM

I could never have an iphone or most android phones. I do not like pure touchscreens at all and a physical keypad is non-negotiable. Plus, apple has shady practices with their apps at times. I only have a handful of apps as it is and I have all the apps I need. I haven't even thought about getting another app in months.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
When their system doesn't go down for four days. lol
Really it only affected most people for a day tops. Plus your phone still worked as a phone, and it sent texts, you could still go online to check your emails. It wasn't terrible.

Plus RIM did a formal apology and they are giving us $100 worth of premium apps for free.

Stuff can happen with servers, the only thing affected were things that go through secure servers first, like the BBMs and Emails. Everything delivered, nothing was lost. They have a lot of security in place, that's the only reason why something like this could even happen in the first place.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:24 PM

I am still rocking my 2.5 year old LG Dare that was submerged in the swamp by my house for about a half hour