Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-> What type of cell phone & plan do you have ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question -> What type of cell phone & plan do you have ?

Hi Member's,
What type of cell phone to you have & what plan do you have ?
Can you acesss the web ? Watch T.V. on you phone, etc. ?

What's your favorite app's ?

Please post what you have, and what your phone can do ?

Are you happy with your Phone & Plan ?
Please post & share

1. Cell Phone Plans, Compare Best Cellular Service Carrier Deals on ...
  2. <CITE>www.billshrink.com/cell-phones/plans.</CITE>
  3. Cell Phone Plans on BillShrink allow you to compare cell phone plans and find ways for you to save money on your cell phone bill monthly!
  4. Compare Cell Phone Plans - MyRatePlan.com
    Find the cell phone plan that meets your exact calling needs. ... MyRatePlan features one of the widest selections of cell phones, at the best prices, available ...

Unlimited Cell Phone Plans - Text Messaging - Early Termination Fees for Cell ...

5. Best Cell Phone Plans | Top Picks and Reviews at ConsumerSearch
    The right cell phone carrier for you comes down to price, reception and customer service. That's why ConsumerSearch values full scale surveys that poll ...
* Thank You 4 sharing with your Monte Carlo Family

Old 04-04-2012, 06:30 AM

HTC Rezound for me. I had the old unlimited data plan from Verizon and was grandfathered in even after they cut that plan out. Good thing too, cause I go through about 2-4 GB a month. I'm sure I could use more if I wanted to but with me workign as much as I do I don't always have time to play around. It's definitely taken some getting used to with the touchscreen and all, but I'm somewhat used to it now and now that I know how to conserve at least a little battery I actually have to burn some battery power after I get home to get it down to minimal charge (much healthier for batteries if you run them low before you charge them).

Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a BlackBerry Torch 9800 with an unlimited data plan. Which is good because I constantly have it bridged to my BlackBerry PlayBook

Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 AM

I have an HTC Evo with 4G from Sprint. Unlimited data, unlimited text, and added my boyfriend to the plan for like $10/month.

We also have equipment protection. I've had this phone almost two years now, and it's awesome. Lots I can do with it, plus with Android I can tether to my computer for free.

I think all the phone companies are pretty evil, but so far, since 2003 when Sprint says their data is unlimited they actually mean it. Which is awesome.

They can be crappy sometimes, but so far I have no cause for complaint.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I just got my Droid 4 on the verizion 4G LTE network with 4gig of data. I dont even come close to that because I'm on wifi almost everywhere I go. We have 5 phones on our plan so it's a little pricey but the teens pay for there data plans I love all the apps available but some of my favorites are listed below

google sky map (a map of space showing planets and constellations)
garage buddy (charts and calculators you would need in the garage)
shazam (song identifier)
Police scanner
angry birds and scrabble are fun too. I also love having all the sports apps of my favorite teams and all my local news apps.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM

Thanks Everyone for your post & information about your phone & Plans

Buying a phone & getting a plan is more difficult for me then buying a new car 4-Sure...There's so many makes/models with so many tech things to consider...I find it amazing all the things a phone can `do 4-Real...How did our World ever survive without them. LOL WoW
I'm still learning how to get around on the Web, but with the new phones out 2day you can do just about anything & it's always there (at a cost), but I'm amazed at the technology
that humans have created 4-Sure

Lou, your app's sound awesome...I know when I get a cell phone that I will get addicted 4-Sure There's just not enough time in a day for me no matter how hard I try to Master my Time/Life...

Look 4ward to reading everyones comments about their phones...Thanks again...Peace/Out from,

Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the samsung infuse with a 2gb per month data plan that i barely use. Since like lou im on wifi alot. As far as apps

Gas buddy, check and report gas prices anywhere
Shazam, lets you get the name of a song you hear
Weatherbug, self explanatory
pandora

I have other apps but those the ones i probably use the most.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I have 2 phones i use both unlimited everything, HTC Inspire 4G & Samsung Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket

Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

HTC Evo shift 4g through unlimited text, data ect, 1500 min with amy on my plan

thank god for real unlimited plan... i teather it to my desktop at home and watch t.v. shows alot since we only have over the air chanels and no internet!
Have a record of 16gigs or data in a month so far
need to fix my desktop so we can watch shows on the new bigger t.v.

Last edited by Budsjlm; 04-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 AM

We have three phones on our Verizon plan with unlimited data plan. We have two IPhone 4S' and a Blackberry Tour 9630. We surf the net with our phones and play games.

Quick Reply: -> What type of cell phone & plan do you have ?