Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- What Class are You ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: - What Class are You ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]`Space is looking forward to a road trip to Canada [/align][align=center]and the good old USA : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Canada - The World's Best Country to Live in
Vancouver is Third in World in Annual Quality of Life Survey
Vancouver ranked third overall in the 2005 annual "Quality of Life Survey", published by Mercer Human Resource Consulting. This year's score matches Vancouver's previous score in the 2004 Quality of Life survey.
Geneva and Zurich, Switzerland were tied for first place with scores of 106.5. Vancouver's score was 106, which tied it with Vienna, Austria. Other Canadian cities, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal , and Calgary took 14th, 20th, 22nd and 25th place, respectively.
All five Canadian cities in the survey were praised for their relatively high levels of "personal safety and security" and for being in a politically stable country, according to a report from CBC News (see below).
[/align][ul][*][align=center]Vancouver 3rd in world in quality of life survey
CBC News, March 14, 2005 [/align][*][align=center]World-wide quality of life survey
Mercer Human Resource Consulting, March 14, 2005 [/align][/ul]

For almost a decade (up to the year 2001), Canada was ranked number one among 175 countries in the United Nation's Quality of Life survey.
Click below for Source

Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

40 some percent taxes and socialized medicine.. yeah, it is the best country in the world isn't it? (sarcasm, sorry to offend the Canadians.)

Old 11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Welfare Poem - oh boy!

I
[/align]
That's an old email joke that's been around for years. But please be careful what you post here.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Our government funded health care system is very nice considering we don't have to get approval from an HMO for medical procedures. And don't have enormous hospital bills to pay every time. But it is starting to fall apart. With the population growing and needing health care more, the demand is overwhelming the system. We are now having huge waiting periods for necessary procedures. Among other problems.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Taz

Our government funded health care system is very nice considering we don't have to get approval from an HMO for medical procedures. And don't have enormous hospital bills to pay every time. But it is starting to fall apart. With the population growing and needing health care more, the demand is overwhelming the system. We are now having huge waiting periods for necessary procedures. Among other problems.
"VERY NICE" as you put it but my friend in BC waited 17 months to get a tooth pulled,no thank you.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

ORIGINAL: Taz

"VERY NICE" as you put it but my friend in BC waited 17 months to get a tooth pulled,no thank you.
...and you only have 30 million people up there, we have almsot that many illegals.

If Clinton wins, this country will go to h...e...double hockey sticks.....

Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: gale155

Super awesome discussion, Oh did I say that already?

I hope there are thousands of dicussions going on like this all over the net.

The current democratic leadership that cannot convince me that most of America, wants or needs to be taxed.

Taxes are the reason we revolted against King George and now they want to take us back 250 years.
Do not be deceived sir - the current crop of Republicans are no different than the Demorats, except for their timetable. The lunatic Bush, for example,has spent more of our money on social programs than Klintoon did in his entire eight years. Congress holds the national purse strings, of course, but the president holds a very valuable tool - the veto. As two-time Libertarian presidential candidate Harry Browne once observed, pens are cheap.

I was a lifelong Republican until 1996, when for me the "lightbulb"finally illuminated. Since that time, I have been a card-carrying, dues-paying Libertarian.

The country, as we have known it, is probably finished. However, I believe there is one final ray of hope in the form of Ron Paul. Liberals, Conservatives, Greenies, Demorats and Republicans are all joining the Ron Paul "revolution" in ever-increasing numbers, and I suggest that every American citizenhere consider doing the same - it's the Boston Tea Partyof our time, my friends. We're not fighting against the British Crown this time, but rather against the Globalists andNew World Order types who are Hell-bent on destroying the United States as we know it, andreplacing it with the "North American Union".

The support for Dr. Paul is going to have to overwhelming; otherwise, the powers-that-be are going to install Mrs. Klintoon into the White House for eight years. Following her reign, it's going to be Jeb Bush's turn - probably for another eight years. That's another 16-years of Klintoon/Bush and their handlers. If there's anyone here who believes that the United States Constitution can survive this, well, I feel sorry for you.

Couldall the people who believe as I do be wrong? Of course. Time will tell - as it always does.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Okay sir, but I was a life long Jesuit Catholic, Mexican American, Kennedy Democrat until 2004 when I changed affilication.

The Democratic party left me I didn't leave it....and Mr. Paul who is a Weak Libertarian in disguise at best is a woosie with no answer to the Radical Islamic threat.

And no, we didn't start it.

The koran teaches Islam to pretend to follow until they have an opportunity todecapitate the enemey.

They would kill you, your mother, your brothers, your sisters, Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, Hugo Chavez, Karl Marx, Al Gore, Rosie O'Donnell, Barbara Streisand, Robert Redford....and you hopefully get my drift, if need so to get their religion to all corners of the world.

Unfortunately the unpopular decision, as history will show, will prove that Bush was correctly proactive in his approach to this threat.

God bless all the great American, British, and other International Heroes who gave everything in pursuit of this goal.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 PM

Ohyeah, my geatest regret in life was that I voted for Jimmy Carter who started this whole mess.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:48 AM

[align=center][quote]ORIGINAL: `ModTaz

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[/align][align=center]Welfare Poem - oh boy!
That's an old email joke that's been around for years. But please be careful what you post here.
[/align][align=center]Space will be more careful, and will getProtection : ) Sorry [X(][/align][align=center]Don't want any more Space's running around : )[/align][align=center]Are we running outa `Space ?[/align]

Old 11-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Okay, that one I can't explain. I was referring to people needing things like organ transplants and heart surgeries. I've never heard of someone waiting 17 months to get a tooth pulled. Not calling you a liar, I have no reason not to believe you. But something or someone messed up something to cause a 17 month wait. That's excessive even by Canadian standards.

Canada is actually slowly moving toward the US way of doing things. A lot of things that used to be government runned or government owned, have been privatized.

Quick Reply: - What Class are You ?