Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- What Class are You ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - What Class are You ?

[align=center]What class of people drive Monte Carlo's ?[/align][align=center]What Class are You ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]8. Classes of People[/align][align=center]Throughout recorded time, and probably since the end of the Neolithic Age, there have been three kinds of people in the world, the High, the Middle, and the Low. They have been subdivided in many ways, they have borne countless different names, and their relative numbers, as well as their attitude towards one another, have varied from age to age: but the essential structure of society has never altered. Even after enormous upheavals and seemingly irrevocable changes, the same pattern has always reasserted itself, just as a gyroscope will always return to equilibrium, however far it is pushed one way or the other.[/align][align=center]The aims of these three groups are entirely irreconcilable:[/align][align=center]- The aim of the High is to remain where they are.[/align][align=center]- The aim of the Low, when they have an aim - for it is an abiding characteristic of the Low that they are too much crushed by drudgery to be more than intermittently conscious of anything outside their daily lives - is to abolish all distinctions and create a society in which all men shall be equal.[/align][align=center]Thus throughout history a struggle which is the same in its main outlines recurs over and over again. For long periods the High seem to be securely in power, but sooner or later there always comes a moment when they lose either their belief in themselves or their capacity to govern efficiently, or both. They are then overthrown by the Middle, who enlist the Low on their side by pretending to them that they are fighting for liberty and justice.[/b][/align][align=center]As soon as they have reached their objective, the Middle thrust the Low back into their old position of servitude, and themselves become the High. Presently, a new Middle group splits off from one of the other groups, or from both of them, and the struggle begins all over again. Of the three groups, only the Low are never even temporarily successful in achieving their aims. From the point of view of the Low, no historic change has ever meant much more than a change in the name of their masters...[/align][align=center]After the revolutionary period of the 'fifties and 'sixties, society regrouped itself, as always, into High, Middle, and Low. But the new High group, unlike all its foreunners, did not act upon instinct but knew what was needed to safeguard its position. It had long been realized that the only secure basis for oligarchy is collectivism. [/align][align=center]By comparison with that existing to-day, all the tyrannies of the past were half-hearted and inefficient ...and were content to leave loose ends everywhere, to regard only the overt act and to be uninterested in what their subjects were thinking... Part of the reason for this was that in the past no government had the power to keep its citizens under constant surveillance[/align][align=center]They do Now....`Big Brother ?[/align][align=center]OnStar : ) Camera's everywhere [8D][/align][align=center]Google's Earth Watch ?[/align][align=center][8D]I see you.....can you see me ?[/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Default RE: - What Class are You ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]I think that `Smart People buy/drive the[/align][align=center]Chevrolet Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]From Every `Class[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks members for participating in my homework/class assignment [/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 08:59 AM

Leonardo da Vinci quote
[:-]

"There are three (3) classes of People.
1. Those who see
2. Those who see when they are shown
3. Those who do not see "

I `see

Wish the Reader of my post a Happy Day/Life

Member's - Post your Comments/Thoughts

Old 11-01-2007, 09:16 AM

[align=center]
Types of Social Classes of People

Social class refers to a group of people with similar levels of wealth, influence, and status. Sociologists typically use three methods to determine social class: [/align][align=center]
[ul][*]
The objective method measures and analyzes “hard†facts. [*]
The subjective method asks people what they think of themselves. [*]
The reputational method asks what people think of others. [/ul][/align]

Results from these three research methods suggests that in the United States today approximately 15 to 20 percent are in the poor, lower class; 30 to 40 percent are in the working class; 40 to 50 percent are in the middle class; and 1 to 3 percent are in the rich, upper class.
[center]
The lower class
The lower class is typified by poverty, homelessness, and unemployment. People of this class, few of whom have finished high school, suffer from lack of medical care, adequate housing and food, decent clothing, safety, and vocational training. The media often stigmatize the lower class as “the underclass,†inaccurately characterizing poor people as welfare mothers who abuse the system by having more and more babies, welfare fathers who are able to work but do not, drug abusers, criminals, and societal “trash.â€
The working class
The working class are those minimally educated people who engage in “manual labor†with little or no prestige. Unskilled workers in the class—dishwashers, cashiers, maids, and waitresses—usually are underpaid and have no opportunity for career advancement. They are often called the working poor. Skilled workers in this class—carpenters, plumbers, and electricians—are often called blue collar workers. They may make more money than workers in the middle class—secretaries, teachers, and computer technicians; however, their jobs are usually more physically taxing, and in some cases quite dangerous.
The middle class
The middle class are the “sandwich†class. These white collar workers have more money than those below them on the “social ladder,†but less than those above them. They divide into two levels according to wealth, education, and prestige. The lower middle class is often made up of less educated people with lower incomes, such as managers, small business owners, teachers, and secretaries. The upper middle class is often made up of highly educated business and professional people with high incomes, such as doctors, lawyers, stockbrokers, and CEOs.
The upper class
Comprising only 1 to 3 percent of the United States population, the upper class holds more than 25 percent of the nation's wealth. This class divides into two groups: lower-upper and upper-upper. The lower-upper class includes those with “new money,†or money made from investments, business ventures, and so forth. The upper-upper class includes those aristocratic and “high-society†families with “old money†who have been rich for generations. These extremely wealthy people live off the income from their inherited riches. The upper-upper class is more prestigious than the lower-upper class.
[size=4]Wherever their money comes from, both segments of the upper class are exceptionally rich. Both groups have more money than they could possibly spend, which leaves them with much leisure time for cultivating a variety of interests. They live in exclusive neighborhoods, gather at expensive social clubs, and send their children to the finest schools. As might be expected, they also exercise a great deal of influence and power both nationally and globally.[/

Old 11-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I guess I would count as working class. But I don't see how your source can say that doctors, lawyers, and CEO's are middle class.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Super MCF Member Taz

I guess I would count as working class. But I don't see how your source can say that doctors, lawyers, and CEO's are middle class.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]" The upper middle class is often made up of highly educated business and professional people with high incomes, such as doctors, lawyers, stockbrokers, and CEOs. "[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The upper class
Comprising only 1 to 3 percent of the United States population, the upper class holds more than 25 percent of the nation's wealth.[/align]

[hr]

[align=center]let me `in up there....Make room 4 `Space [/align][align=center]I look up to them, I am their servant, their go-for, I clean their cars/boats/yard : )[/align][align=center]I'm just happy 2 `be, and working harder to `be better.[/align][align=center]I'm mov'in on up to the Upper/Lower Class : )[/align][align=center]The less you have, the less you have to worry about : )[/align][align=center]So, Don't Worry, be `Happy, you have a Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]
[hr]
[/align][align=center][align=center]My grandfather always says to me[/align][align=center]"Space, Dreams are where we want to `be,[/align][align=center]and work is how we get there"[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm work'in on `it.[/align][align=center]Hope your dreams come True 2 : )[/align][/align][align=center]
[/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think I fit into the Upper, Lower, Middle class.

Now. If I just had some. (class) [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_quiet.gif]

Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 PM

I don't know where to vote, there isn't really an option for us college students, maybe pro-class, like we are yet to be in a class?

Old 11-01-2007, 01:15 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: God_Bot

I don't know where to vote, there isn't really an option for us college students, maybe pro-class, like we are yet to be in a class?
[/align][align=center]Hi Garrett,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think there are social classes @ college.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]1. Lower Class (Works/pays rent/pays 4 school/no car [X(])[/align][align=center]2. Middle Class (works p/t, parents pay 4 school / car : )[/align][align=center]3. Upper Class: Parents buy new car/pay college/give kid credit cards/rents[/align][align=center]beach house/buy cloth's/lap top/i-podetc...: )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Yes, I think there are socialclasses, in college : )[/align]

Old 11-01-2007, 02:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Does Upper Lower Class count?

Quick Reply: - What Class are You ?