Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

trouble in the neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008
Default RE: trouble in the neighborhood

I called and left a message for the police chief to call me back, which he did in about 10 minutes. He was very nice, said he understood and completely believed that the kids were doing what I said they were. Commented on how polite my son was (thank you God) and completely believed that he was not involved in trying to commit a hate crime since his mexican friends were standing right there with him. He repeated several times how well mannered and polite my son was and how refreshing it was to talk to a young person that didn't cop an attitude. He said that if I see the kids acting that way again to notify him and he would go have another talk the dad.
And the smoke bomb was brought up, I told him that my son "said" he didn't do it but since I wasn't there "I" don't know. Which seemed to go over really good, because he told me that when a parent tells him that their kid would NOT lie or would NOT do something like that, he said as far as he was concerned the conversation is over. Glad I didn't say that, LOL. Like he said, all kids lie to their parents at some point about something. Although I really don't "think" Cody did it, who knows - I wasn't there, but my gosh, it's a smoke bomb...
He went on to say that he thought the whole thing was stupid and childish and some people just like to blow things out of proportion. And he did not like what Cody said about them threatening him, I think he took that to heart.
Anyway, it sounds like he thought my son was very credible so hopefully it's over. (BTW, our police chief is black - not that it should matter)
Thank you for all the "call him"s, because I was real undecided whether I should or not. I feel better now that I did.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:33 PM

Hi `Becky, and thanks for posting and letting us know
what happened. I was happy to read that you have a good
police of chief in you area. His comments to you seem wise.
I hope there's no more comflicts for you or family.
"You done GoodTeach'in your `son `Cody"
He's very lucky to have a mother that cares about his welfare.
Let there be `Peace ~ amen ~
`Space/Bum's

Old 03-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Glad to hear the update.

But keep Child protective services in mind as an "Ace in the Hole."

Old 03-14-2008, 05:40 PM

First: Go to the Police Station and FILE a Report.
You need to have the situation documented in the case that push ever comes to shove and you wind-up getting sued.
Follow-up the report with calls to the Police if the behavior continues.
Do as suggested and call Child Protective. It's likely their horsepower will bring an end to it!

Don't confront them!
Let them be and let the authorities deal with them.
Make sure you get on-the-record even if you have to make repeated calls to Child Protective.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And keep the Monte locked in the garage.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-14-2008, 07:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj

And keep the Monte locked in the garage.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
thats not a bad idea either

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

What I am about to say may sound racist, and I assure you it is not. I dont know how to say this without it sounding racist so Ill just say it. Where I live there are two major farms in the area, both which employ mexican families to work the fields. They live on the farms therefore they live in the township and their kids go to my school. With all my experiences with them I figured one thing out. They like to travel in "packs" they create trouble when they are all together, but they are like deer in headlights if you find one of them alone. If you had a problem with them and you were by yourself, you will probably get ganged up on and hurt. If you are with a group of people though, they seem to leave you alone. So if you have to talk to one of them, they seem nice and polite if you talk to them alone. They are actually nice people if you talk to them alone, but once they are back with their buddies, they go back to that gang mentality. The only other way to talk to them is to get a bigger group of people together and talk to them all at once. This happened once, a mexican kid beat up one of my younger friends and me and a bunch of people went and talked to the kid and his friends and told him to leave my friend alone. They seemed to listen. I guessthisprobably happens with any group of people but it seems more apparent with the mexican group.My advice to you is to get a group of your neighbors together and go and talk to the family with the kids and tell them whats up. Be calm and reasonable but make it clear that you have each others' backs. Ask them to keep their kids out of the streets and keep them from jumping in front of cars. If that doesnt work, then get the authorities involved.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 PM

OK first of all i have actually delt with somethign very close to this.

1. Get a video camera and find a away to get some video of the kids in teh street with one of your sons or another person driving down the street having to wait for them to move.
You want to prove this happens to more then just you and your family.
hell we have one of my brother inlaws cousins come over and she had no clue and they pulled the same stuff but they went further and egged and threw stuff at her and the car after she left our house.

2. Contact the Cops. get them to come out and make a report of this and the HARRASMENT they are giveing you and your sons etc..... Then you have to get a copy of the report.

3. MAKE SURE YOU DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! i cant tell you this enough. Photos, video,writen reports on a computer or a runnign log of everythign going on ANYTHING YOU SEE AND CAN PROVE WRITE IT DOWN!!!!

4. Get a hold of a good lawer and put him/her on retainer.
ONCE this is done you have a few options also. 1, get him to write a letter to them stateing this is Bull **** and to stop thier crap before you act legally on them (THIS IS KEY LEGALLY)
2. Make sure you tell them they are saying your son is a gang member. you can get them for deflamation of carictor (depending on state laws) BUT if you chose not to you dont want them runnign around saying this it will haunt you later or could and your son and his frends. (NOT GOOD)

5. CALL C.P.S. get those kids out of the house or at least have some heat put on them. If you have film of this you can show them this also. and this will help your case and hurt thiers more. AND might even cause them to back off REAL FAST!! I have not met to many parents that want to fight with the C.P.S. knowing they could lose thier kids all togeather.

6. For ****s and giggels i would even go as far as calling I.N.S. on them just to see them show up. but im a A-Hole this way LOL

7. Make sure you look over things like your house,cars,kids,toys in the yards, anythign they could possiably harm,hurt or destroy.

8. get a securtiy camera and have it film out side also (IF you really want to go this far.)

we had a fool tha tused to get mad at us about twice a year and would get out right devious about stuff. he chose to stop it real quick after he thought it would be ok to mess wiht one of my kids and i found out about it. Somethign about a 379 Peterbuilt comming up to thier front door via thier front law kind of made them stop. But it might have been teh idiot(yours truley) behind the wheel saying if they wanted to play games i would knock on thier front door in third gear as i went threw thier living room .

he chose to move shortly after this. But this is when i was real young and stupid and a bit more carzy then i am now. Im a old fart and have melloed with years LOL
that and jail food dont seem to taste near as good any more LOL

but other then this i was a good brat for the most part.
and im truley sorry to hear that you have to go threw this in your area. JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET IT STOPPED NOW!!! i am not a predjudis person but i dont know the mentality of idiots like this in any race they will keep comming back untill they have you have fear of them on what they might do next.
as far as those smoke bombs be verry careful it could be more then that in your front yard some time.

I would actually hope tha thtey threw a smoke bomb in the front yard . I would call the police and the local bomb squad out to deal with it and when they got there i would let them know about this whole thing.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:56 AM

DustyBird3,
Glad to hear things went well with the Chief.