Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Great There Goes the Neighborhood (controversial subject alert!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry Great There Goes the Neighborhood (controversial subject alert!)

John Day is located a 116 Miles from me. I can not stand people who spread hate. Glad I bought my AR-15. Time to stock up on ammo. There are some other things I would like to say, but this is a family web site.

http://www.bluemountaineagle.com/mai...rticleID=23111

White supremacist group eyes property in John Day
Idaho man says he wants to create a compound and hold a national gathering in 2011

By SCOTTA CALLISTER
Editor

JOHN DAY - Leaders of the Aryan Nations in Idaho say they want to move the headquarters of their white supremacist movement to Grant County.

Paul R. Mullet, who called himself national director of the movement, was in John Day this week, looking at property to buy for a new "national compound."

The visit stirred concern in many quarters, where residents worried about the neo-**** sentiments of the movement and the negative impact that it could have on the community.

The group teaches that the white race is the only one descended from Adam, and that Jews and non-whites are the natural enemies of white people. The mission, outlined on the group's website, is to create a state for the "Aryan race," separate from all non-whites, and a "lawful Congress of our race."

Mullet, wearing a uniform shirt with a swastika patch on it, said the group's goal is to create a homeland for white people.

"That area is the Pacific Northwest," he said. "The blacks have Africa, the Jews have Israel ..."

Mullet said his group's current headquarters is in Athol, Idaho, but it doesn't have the attributes of a real compound. If they can find the right building in John Day, he said, they will be able to provide barracks and space for training recruits, as well as a place for meetings and gatherings.

He wants to hold a national gathering in the county in September 2011.

Mullet said the group was drawn to the remoteness of Grant County, the relatively low cost of property and "the proximity to the mountains" for survival training.

They were particularly interested in two properties, the old junior high building on Bridge Street and the vacant church or opera house building on Dayton Street.

He declined to say where the money for such a deal would come from, but said they would pay cash "from legal means."

Newell Cleaver, School District 3 superintendent, said the junior high building is no longer being actively marketed because the district is pursuing discussions with the Grant County Library Foundation about a possible sale and development of a library there.

The other building is up for sale, but the listing agent had not received an offer late Wednesday.

During his John Day stay, Mullett was accompanied by two Grant County residents: Jacob Green and Christopher Cowan, and Leif Berlin, described on the group's website as the Washington state leader. Green, of Mt. Vernon, is the Oregon state leader for the Aryan Nations, and Cowan was described as a sergeant in the state organization.

They denied that Aryan Nations is a hate group, although their website calls Jews "parasites" and other names, features a **** tribute on video, and includes a section of crude references and manipulated photographs of black people.

While staying at a local motel, they opened the door to their room to clearly display ****-style banners as two employees - a black and a Hispanic - went about their work.

Motel officials said people in two other rooms vacated before their stay was up because of concerns about the white supremacist group.

Mullet's group said they don't expect any conflict with people in Grant County.

"This is a good fit with the values here," he said. They said members would do community service projects and patrol the streets, making it safer for the residents who live here. They also contended their group would bring money to the economy by drawing more supporters to visit and live here.

"Coming here would help the county immensely," Mullet said.

Norm Gissel, a Coeur d'Alene, Idaho attorney, disagreed. He said the neo-**** movement had a chilling effect on tourism and property values in northern Idaho during its heyday under Richard Butler, the founder of the Aryan Nations church who has since died.

Gissel spearheaded a civil rights lawsuit that bankrupted that Aryan Nations organization and Butler in 2000.

Asked about this group relocating to Grant County, Gissel said, "From an economic standpoint alone, you don't want that to happen in your community."

He said communities need to be vocal and firm in resisting the establishment of such groups.

"You've got a potentially serious problem, and the time to start organizing is right away," he said.

John Day Mayor Bob Quinton was dismayed at the prospect of the group moving to town.

"That's the last kind of thing our reputation needs," he said. "We need to be inclusive and emphasize positive things here."

© Blue Mountain Eagle

Old 02-20-2010, 04:36 AM

...Teacher `Todd, I find it very sad the way some humans are taught/programed 2 hate other human beings

I believe in Freedoms for all, but I think groups like this abuse the freedoms of our nation, of our World.

I do believe in not purposely hurting others, but will defend those that are being purposely `hurt.

When it comes to humans, I wish they were all color blind.
I rather love, then hate 4-Real.....4-Sure...

I don't & won't believe in any Master that condones `Hate.
`Amen

Old 02-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The group teaches that the white race is the only one descended from Adam, and that Jews and non-whites are the natural enemies of white people. The mission, outlined on the group's website, is to create a state for the "Aryan race," separate from all non-whites, and a "lawful Congress of our race."

Mullet, wearing a uniform shirt with a swastika patch on it, said the group's goal is to create a homeland for white people.
There's a flaw in that theory. If everyone decended from Adam and Eve, then doesn't that include all races? "White" is not a race by the way. White is a paint color. Nobody on earth is "white". But I'm not about to debate with a white supremacist group. No point.

They can have a homeland of their own. How about Antarctica?

Space, I agree with you man!

Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Thumbs up Wish `You a Happy Day 4-Sure : )

Space, I agree with you man!

Thank You `Lou -Taz-,
I know that I'm a dreamer, but I still dream of a World
that can live in Peace for `all.
I respect the words of JFK
"Ask not what your country can do 4 U, but what YOU
can do for your Country"

What are you (the reader of this) doing to make
it a better World 4 `all ?

(Beside owning & driving the AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo)

My grandfather taught me one main rule/code/creed
to live by:

"Don't purposely hurt yourself or Other's & do everything
in your powers to Stop the hurt to others"

That's `it, & it's simple.
Just think what a great World it could be,
`if everyone followed that one simple rule
and lived in Peace & Happiness...`amen

Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can not stand people who believe they are better then someone else. We are all a part of this planet and share the dreams of freedom, success, and happiness. I agree that white is not a race but a paint color. It is frustrating that people spread such vile ignorance. I would say they are more than welcome to form their own country in antarctica.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:25 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

They're doing nothing good for anyone... they're making Christianity look bad by twisting its teachings to their own advantages. They're making white's look bad as portraying all of white people as being so ignorant. They're making American society look like it has not put the 1860's behind us. They're making the county they are moving to become a hot spot and setting back race relations there. No one wins here. It's ridiculous.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:54 AM

I wish they had to guts to move to South East (S.E) Washington, DC.
I bet they would be moving out very, very quickly.
What a bunch of bull.
Todd, this is just an idea though right, they haven't made the decision yet.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:07 PM

Teacher `Todd, I found a great place for them to locate...
`Guantanamo Bay ~>4-Sure...It's perfect 4 them

Last edited by Space; 02-20-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM

im sorry i am the type of person no matter what the person looks like i see a person. the only true difference that we all have is our personality that makes us different. remember the higher power out there created color for a reson if we all looked like we are a orenge in color and every thing is orange life would be boring and dull. the whole thing about life is to be different we all are not supose to be one color one believe one colture we all humans are different and we all strive to be better. if there are bunch of sorry to type this sorry dumb asses that are trying to teach this and programed this hate agenst people that are different then them should be castrated and put in the middel of the ocean. we the human race came to far to be notched down by these idiots. there is alot of things that we take advantege on useing like elevators a/c units and excellators the auto stairs. invented by people that are from outher cultures. if there is one group that wants to supress one or more coultures we need to reminde them those coltures have helped all our lifes out alot. we wouldent figured out that transfusions can be use full to all of us if it wasent from outher caltures. those neo nazies are freakin idiots they dont need to breed also they need to jump in a valcano to get away from people that are different from them

Old 02-20-2010, 12:40 PM

hay space the quote ask not what your contry can do for you but what you can do for your country is from presedent frankilin d rosovelt

Quick Reply: Great There Goes the Neighborhood (controversial subject alert!)