Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

So I was just lurking in the neighborhood...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Post So I was just lurking in the neighborhood...

I don't mean to use the forum as a diary.. but I thought this would be the best place to let off steam. Facebook is too obsessed with BS.

Been busy with school and other things and had little time for MCF, other than just lurking.

So I was almost asleep when a fire cracker goes off from across the street. Now, I live in Texas, where in most counties there is a firework ban due to the drought. More so most cities have firework bans. I live in a typical subdivision surrounded by others. I would say medium to high density populated. Mostly peaceful and no crime rate.

Anyway this guy moved in couple years back. Has a lighted mailbox, owns a failing business, married, 4 trucks, kids, TV, "Come and Take It" and Rebel flags in his garage. I don't mind any of that. I do mind that he is drunk about 75% of the time he is home. And when he is drunk, he shouts, plays loud music, and of course pops a '4th of July' on his front lawn at midnight at any time of the year. He and 4 other friends had been outside his garage where they were launching them.

Now this was going on for about an hour before I called the Sheriffs Department. My dad, grandmother who now lives with us because she lost her house, myself, and likely the other respectable neighbors were having trouble sleeping due to this.

I've never called police on this guy, nor has anyone else as a matter of fact (AFAIK). I have seen Constables infront of his house, but he knew them and were friends. They visited in uniform and in patrol cars while on duty. They work night shift but I thought nothing of it.

So I gave the communications officer the reason of reporting, his address, basic description, and my address. Not 10 minutes did police show up. County Constables. So I thought "HAH, Dumba**! VICTORY!!".

I stood outside of my garage behind my Monte, a point where they couldn't see me but I could hear. I listened carefully and soon realized he knew theses officers. They were laughing, joking, just having a good time. So I thought no wonder they responded so quickly.. they heard and knew the address and immediately drove to his house... the Constables were his friends. Few minutes later they walked back to their cars, one saw me but didn't say anything. As I walked back inside to close the garage door, I knew the neighbor saw me because the chatter fell silent.

It's been 45 minutes since then. And now, firecrackers yet again being launched.

I am not going over there. I have absolutely nothing to do with a drunk and I am calling them again soon and going to ask for a Sheriff Deputy, not some Constable. Constables don't work for the Sheriff. They are an independent LE agency but respond to county wide calls like sheriff deputies do.

So yeah, about them tax dollars, going to a good cause. For him.

Semi off topic: Will be applying for Sheriffs department after military. Keep the job until I am ready to run for county sheriff. And throughout my life I vow to change the arrogance and bias of the police around here. This county is the largest in Texas and 2nd largest in US. For those that don't know, I'm in Law Enforcement 1 and Court Systems and Practices 1. This is my career goal.

General thread topic: Do you have any neighbors that **** you off?

Last edited by Zuzmaw; 11-25-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:43 AM

Hi `Mat,
Sorry to read that you have neighbors that do not have any respect for others...Plus incompetent constables that are not doing their duty (job)

I suggest you document the offenses with vids/recordings of the neighbors disturbances & get a list of neighbors that are disturbed by the violator(s)..

Evidence is important for proof of the violation(s)...
Submit your evidence to the Sheriff & any official in your area that has authority in your area...(Then let them know that you have submitted copies of your evidence to every news media in your area....

Just a suggestion...Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you & family... Peace/Out from `Space

Old 11-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Mat.

I can understand how frustrating that must be. I don't want to call it all out police corruption. But it certainly must be nice (for him) to have friends in the police department. Probably his drinking buddies when they're not on duty. I hate to say it, but as long as he's got friends in the police department, he'll always pull crap like that. And he'll get away with it until someone who out ranks his buddies does something. I suspect he may be friends with the dispatchers too. How else would his constable buddies be the ones to keep getting the calls to his house.

It's all very frustrating.

As for your question:

I had a neighbor who faked a back injury and doesn't work. Hadn't held a job in years. But he was plenty good enough to gut and remodel the inside of his house by himself though. He was living the good life just sitting at home collecting disability checks. He thought he was God's gift to women, and would contantly hit on every female in the neighborhood. Other ways to spend his day was to hang out at local coffee shops, drive around wrecklessly in his Jeep TJ (open top and doors removed), and get drunk too. Often times when he was drunk, he would drive his Jeep across the neighbor's lawns.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:42 AM

I suspect he may be friends with the dispatchers too. How else would his constable buddies be the ones to keep getting the calls to his house.
I think those Constables are the ones that sit in there patrol cars at the community pools/parks. There's two. When they hear the dispatched mention the street name or subdivision, they rush over there. I was thinking about taping them but it seems the county has better things to do like lay off 85 officers in the last 5 years for corruption charges.

My Law Enforcement 1 teacher was a Houston police officer for 33 years and tells me all this. Perhaps when there is a new Sheriff, they will replace a lot of deputies and change a lot of their policing tactics. The county Sheriff here has the ability to have an effect on 34 cities police agencies including Houston, and the County Constables Office.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM

go do a burny in front their house and see if that pisses them off or just do what we all do go take the paint marker and write on his windows ha acually dont might get in trouble for that but go burn tires in front of house and btw nice car my dad has 72 nova with a 400 race trans and a 383 stroker pos trac same color as yours but we changeing it to darker blue but yeah nice car you have do you race it or anything ?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Sorry to hear Mr. Maw. A lot of people are inconsiderate of others. Hopefully your neighborhood bully is put in his place.

Good Luck!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks to hear but I'm glad you are going to do something about it. Too many people get away with so much stuff and it's not fair.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 PM

I think your neighbors sister lives behind me. She had been the neighborhood bully for at least twenty five years according to my other neighbors. She doesn't get along with her neighbors or her family. She doesn't seem happy unless she is fighting with someone. All of the lots around here are three acre lots. The witch also had a three acre lot. She was living with her husband whom she divorced, her daughter and son in law and their kids all in a fairly small three bedroom manufacted home. She decided to buy an older mobile home and put it behind the main house a few hundred feet and live in it with her husband. They decide to take out a mortgage on the main house. The bank forces them to devide the lot. The main house gets 1.98 acres and the old mobile home gets 1.02 acres. Because this was all one lot one well served both homes as well as one driveway. You are probably seeing where this is going. The family starts fighting among them selves. The son in laws shuts the water off to the secondary home so they install a second well. The son and daughter refuse to make the mortgage payments so the bank forecloses on the main house, I realtor buys it from the bank to flop it. This is where I come in. I buy it from the realtor. I have a survey done to get my mortgage before I move in. Almost as soon as I move in my next door neighbor informs me that the witch has been all over my property and he saw her pull up all the survey stakes and throw them in the bushes. At this point I don't know anybody and I want to get along with all my neighbors. I did check and found all the stakes where he said they were. As time passes he turns out to be a nice neighbor and is credible. Before I buy the house I talk to the witch and my other neighbors. I tell them that I am a car hobbist and I always have some old cars around. I ask them if they have issues with that. I am told no by everyone.
I am now all moved in and I have three project cars in the back yard. I put up a six foot stockade fence across the front so my cars can't be seen from the road. I now start renovations on the inside of the house. About 90 days go by and a get a visit from the zoning administrator. He tells me that one of my neighbors has turned me in about my cars and reads me the riot act. He tells me I have to put up more fence. He also visits my neighbor next door and has the same conversation with him. He rebuilds lawn mowers and riding lawn tractors and has a bunch of them. I know he didn't call zoning so it only leaves the witch out back who used to own my house. That was the first time she called zoning on me. It wasn't the last. Another time I get a visit from zoning because my main sewer line going to the septic tank failed. The former occupants had cut the 4" pvc sewer pipe for some reason and then spliced it together with a car tire inner tube. I ended having to make that repair twice putting in a pvc coupling with the appropriate glue. I didn't know until the second failure that they had put in two slices. Fortunately I had it repaired before zoning showed up. She seems to have a sixth sense about failures at the house and then reports me.
I've had issues with my well pump. I shut off the power and notice that it also shuts off the pole light at the drive way. The driveway services both homes but it is on her land. I fix the well pump. A few months later the pole light quits working. I buy a new bulb and install it and it works fine. Last fall the light quits working again. I replace the bulb again but to no avail. It won't work. I take the light off the pole to take it apart and see what is wrong with it. I have it down a few days because the ballast is burned out and I am researching if I can get a ballast. I am at work and Susan calls me. She is all upset because the Sheriff is at the door. The witch called them and said I stole her light. I ended up talking to the cops and tell them what is up. They tell me to give her the light and I can sue her for the power she stole but it will be a difficult case. The latest thing is the driveway. She had given me notice that I had until March 15 of 2012 to get my own driveway installed. The last week of October I get a certified letter from her lawyer telling me that as of Nov. 11 2011 that I now longer had permission to use the driveway and if did so after that date I would be charged with trespassing. I have also had boundry disputes with her as well. I ended up having to move my fence but ended up acquiring a good chunk of her yard that belonged to me. I don't know what the next chapter will be.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 11-30-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:22 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I am fortuniate to not have any neighbors like that, really i dont have neighbors living on a farm type setup has advantages at times, but thats pretty bad the officers wouldnt do there job just cuz hes there friend, friend or not they have a job there supposed to do

Old 11-30-2011, 04:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds like our ex- nextdoor neighbor. used to get drunk every night and lob pipe bombs & such off his porch at 1:00 am. shouted threats at my family. and cut all the trees on his property so that during a high wind they would fall on our house.

we tried the state police, who told us they wern't going to waste their time driving the 45 minute trip out here, and the local rent -a- squad failed to show up as well.

had problems with him for a good 3-4 years, then one night coming home from the bar somehow he ran off the road, rolled his car 4 times, and hit a tree. litterally took his head off.

now we've got probibly the best neighbor ever, we get along great.

Quick Reply: So I was just lurking in the neighborhood...