Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Tailgating, what do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Default Tailgating, what do you do?

Well today on my way home this guy was crawling up the *** of my MC on the freeway. i felt his pain as we were 10 km/hr under the speed limit but there was 3 cars going the same speed in 3 lanes so..no where to go.

He really started getting a lil too close for my liking so...i slowed down by 30 km/hr. figured if he wants to crawl up my *** he might as well go all the way up it. a lane opened up so he made his move and passed me.

This is the part that irks me. he gets around me and pulls infront of me and hits his brakes hard which in turn makes me hit mine. and this is hard enough to make the ABS kick in. now i'm pissed. so i grabbed the nearest object being my plastic half full bottle of coke. pull up close to him again. and i bounce it off his roof.

the moral of the story is. don't mess with MC owners we like our cars.

Any of you guys been tailgated?

and if your the tailgating type i'm sorry but back off or feel the wrath of the nearest heavy object in my car.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Default RE: Tailgating

ugh the poll didn't work. i'm adding more options

Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 AM

Well, typically I don't get tailgated... usually people get really afraid that I'm a cop because of my Windscreen mounted sattelite radio... so they stay back a ways... then the crawl forward, then they take off if they can. Lol!

But if one should, I'll turn on the radio to see if that makes a difference, or just slow waaay down so they'll pass. Of course, I typically strive to run at 5mph faster than traffic for my own peace of mind.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:47 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had a guy in a Rustang try to tail gate me once. He couldn't keep up with Mr. Monte. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 10-29-2007, 01:53 PM

Well just an hour ago, I was going home to let my dog out. (I have a 3 monthold Devil[sm=badbadbad.gif]dog (Doberman) named Ruger)I take the highways cuz there is no traffic at lunch time. So I am tking the on ramp and this middle age *** in bright red BMW Z3 Convt. Proceeds to ride my *** extremly close. Well the on ramp is a vet long turn and it is pretty sharp speed limit is 15 I am going about 25. But this guy is still there and weaving left to right like a NASCAR warming uptiresto be more anoying. Well here comes the highway, it is a two lane, but the on ramp laneis extremly long. There are a lot of trunks in the right lane but the onramp lane is free a head of me. So I engange the "LEAD FOOT MODE" or LFM and floor it. we I think he tried but I was gone I passed all the trucks before the lanes merged he got stuck behind the second to last truck.
Then I got back to RLCM or Right Lane Crusing Mode. Well sure enough later down the hway he come around in the left lane and he actually slowed down sort of behind me and I think he was checking out the Monte. Then he passed me when I looked over he was smilling, I just gave him a Head nod. I saw it was a Z3 with a 2.5 nothing to be proud for outrunning it [8D].
But he really got under my skin on the on ramp.
Sorry for the long post.
Normally I yield to to the agressive tailgaters, I just don't need the hastle. I have been involved in a few Road Rage incidents. It ain't pretty.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:08 PM

I'm an *** if I'm the only one on the road. I just let off the gas and coast.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:10 PM

I sometimes hit the breaks...but I know thats not a good idea.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:00 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've done the same a few times. Not sure about it being the right thing to do or not?

On friday I was pulling out of the graphix shop. Here comes a guy in a Furd truck with rally stripes on it. He tried his best to egg me on. Guess he wanted to get me to race so he could show me his taillights?