Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Tailgating

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Default Tailgating

Well today on my way home this guy was crawling up the *** of my MC on the freeway. i felt his pain as we were 10 km/hr under the speed limit but there was 3 cars going the same speed in 3 lanes so..no where to go.

He really started getting a lil too close for my liking so...i slowed down by 30 km/hr. figured if he wants to crawl up my *** he might as well go all the way up it. a lane opened up so he made his move and passed me.

This is the part that irks me. he gets around me and pulls infront of me and hits his brakes hard which in turn makes me hit mine. and this is hard enough to make the ABS kick in. now i'm pissed. so i grabbed the nearest object being my plastic half full bottle of coke. pull up close to him again. and i bounce it off his roof.

the moral of the story is. don't mess with MC owners we like our cars.

Any of you guys been tailgated?

and if your the tailgating type i'm sorry but back off or feel the wrath of the nearest heavy object in my car.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Default RE: Tailgating

normally i just slow way down and let him go around me...i like my car too much to let some guy in a pos ruin it, he will tailgate the wrong person someday and maybe they will throw a coke bottle at him

Old 10-24-2007, 06:26 PM

lol

Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is why some of the larger cities have a problem with freeway shootings. A lot of times the closest thing in reach is a gun. Where are those trunk monkey's when ya need them?

When I got somebody tailgating me, I tap the brake pedal a few times until he/she backs off. Just enough to turn the brake lights on, not actually slow the car significantly. Like kweef said, I value my car too much to let some guy in a pos ruin my ride.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 PM

i went for other. cause i dont do anything, if someones going to be a butt i'm not going to reward them by changing what i'm doing. i dont care what they do back there, if they hit me its thier money. maybe they can buy me a newer monte.

now at night if thier blinding me through the mirrors and dont take thier first chance to pass me i'll give the brake one hard but short stab before i'm bothered to adjust my mirrors.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 PM

maybe i'll install a small oil tank and a little nozzle to dump an oil patch behind me when they get too close.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:02 PM

if theyre that close they probly wouldnt notice anyway, and then if they hit you, you'd be at fault.

now a trick my buddy liked to do in his old truck... if theres a gravel shoulder, drop a tire off the side. you'll send a handful of rocks flying. if you have a rear wheel drive, give it some gas and you'll shake any tailgater. (then hope they dont shoot)

Old 10-24-2007, 07:04 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

we had a post at one time called "Stupid Monte Tricks", somebody said if you had somebody tailgating and hit the window washer, the spray actually shot way over the car and when going down teh high way would give the guy behind you a bath. i don't know... unless he's in a convertible or has his windows down, if he doesn't care about hsi car and tailgates you, he probably would actually appreciate the bath.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Great story man. Try livin in NY, everyone drives like that!!!!!I guess my last option on your list would have to be "fingering the guy" !! jk

Old 10-25-2007, 11:40 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

HEY! why didn't someone post the James Bond machine guns in the taill lights to get even with a tailgater? I'm surprised at you guys.

You REALLY want to get even with this guy? Date his teenage daughter.

I've got this moron school teacher living next to me. Any chance he get's he will cover my cars in dust when he mows. Ever seen a dust storm? Well that's the way it looks when he mows. He will set on top of nothing but dirtand run the mow blades till there's a cloud of dust headed my way before he moves on to another spot.

But I'm planning my revenge. I'm going to date his 17 year old daughter. Okay so what if I'm 49? Maybe she likes older guys?

Quick Reply: Tailgating