Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

You can only have one ? You Choose : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default You can only have one ? You Choose : )

[align=center]You can have only one, which one would you choose ?[/align][align=center]Your Rich unknown uncle died[X(] & noted[/align][align=center]in his will that you could have one of his cars below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Two Hardtops, 24 Cylinders, Four Turbos and
1,062 Horsepower
WoW[/align][align=center]The Benz absolutely rockets to 60 mph in a gasp-inducing 4.2 seconds. And the technique to achieve that doesn't amount to much more than turning off the ESP stability system and throwing the largest dead weight available at the accelerator pedal. The big Benz's 12.4 seconds at 113.4 mph clocking in the quarter-mile is the sort of performance exotic sports cars were bragging about just five or six years ago. And it does all this with a subdued growl from the exhaust and not even a chirp from its 275/45ZR18 rear tires.

With the CL600 around, the Continental GT's performance seems modest. The GT took 4.4 seconds to hit 60 mph and ran the quarter-mile in 12.8 seconds at 108.3 mph — virtually identical to the hot new Audi R8 — an all-wheel-drive, midengine sports car, and flat-out fast in anybody's book.[/align][align=center]Could your Monte Carlo SS beat one ? : )

ByJohn Pearley Huffman
Date posted: 08-08-2007
[/align][align=center]No one shops for the 510-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V12-powered Mercedes-Benz CL600 or 552-hp, twin-turbocharged W12-powered Bentley Continental GT based on price. After all, if you can afford either of these true hardtop coupes you can afford to buy them both — on the same day, using a black American Express card. These are cars for rich people (not `Space). Well, not just rich, but Gordon Gekko-spec liquid. Rich enough to have their own jets. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. Players.

In short, the
2007 Bentley Continental GT and the 2007 Mercedes-Benz CL600 are among the world's very finest vehicles. Both are blisteringly quick, but neither makes intense demands on the driver's concentration like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Conversely, their rides are plush and mannered, but these are not isolation chambers like a Maybach or Rolls-Royce. These are driver's cars.

In these coupes you feel the road and despite thick technological overlays, these cars keep positive control in the hands of their drivers. Each is luxurious, beautifully built and visually impressive.

And one is clearly better than the other.

The Pride of Germany vs. the Pride of, Uh, Germany

Click belowfor complete Story
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=121870#3[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Oh, it's still `free 2 `dream...(isn't `it ?)I don't wanta wake `up : )[/align][align=center]EnJoy your `Dream Journey[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][/align]

Old 08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Default RE: You can only have one ? You Choose : )

Hmm.. I think Id go for the bentley.. Its pretty sexxy..

Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: HyperFox

Hmm.. I think Id go for the bentley.. Its pretty sexxy..
`Ian, I'm sure your Rich uncle's attorney will be contacting you
for delivery: )
I hope that you will still visit us at the MCF : )
~ EnJoy ~

Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 PM

[align=center]Sexiest Luxury Cars

In Pictures: Sexiest Luxury Cars

By This Author
Dan Lienert

In Pictures: Safest Cars 2007

In Pictures: What Your Car Says About You

What Your Car Says About You[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Vehicles Feature
What Your Car Says About You

In Pictures: What Your Car Says About You

Ask a Chevrolet dealer what kind of message a $22,000 Monte Carlo coupe puts out.
He's likely to say that Monte Carlo buyers are "motor sports enthusiasts who want to show off and stand out from the crowd; Monte Carlo is the sport coupe that embodies legendary American performance. These motor sports fans are image conscious, responsibly self-indulgent and looking for an acceptable way to rebel."
At least that's what Chevy spokesman Travis Parman wrote in a recent e-mail message.

Characters on The Sopranos love SUVs. Many on the show have driven them, including Carmela Soprano ( Porsche Cayenne), A.J. Soprano (Nissan Xterra) and Christopher Moltisanti (Land Rover, Range Rover).
Tony Soprano's SUV of choice? A white, $61,000 Cadillac Escalade ESV--the stretched version of the swank Escalade SUV.
But in the show's final season, which premiered Sunday, Tony is not driving a current-model Escalade--but instead rides around in an older model.
In Pictures: Sexiest Luxury Cars
Point being, no matter the model, the Escalade is the perfect Soprano vehicle: a menacing SUV that has the nicest American interior in decades. We have included it, as well as Ferrari's $168,000 F430 [b]and [

Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I couldn't find "57 Chevy" listed? What does driving one say about me? (hahahaha)

Both cars are nice. But to me the car on the right looks kind of "Bug-ish" enough that I feel like stepping on it.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

I couldn't find "57 Chevy" listed? What does driving one say about me? (hahahaha)

Both cars are nice. But to me the car on the right looks kind of "Bug-ish" enough that I feel like stepping on it.

'57 Chevy says, "I don't mind being called POPS."

Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i'd take the bentley, but i'd rather have a vanquish still

Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

when you tell people you own a mercedes.. it could be a $50,000 car (or there about, space will correct me with one of his annoying Car & Driver posts). but when you can say "I own a Bentley", people automatically assossiate that with someone who has millions.... someone who only settles for the most luxurious, classiest (i made it a word) vehicle around.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i'd take the bentley, but i'd rather have a vanquish still
I'm with you, man!! I have been in love with the Aston Martin since the arrival of the DB-7. The DB-9 is my favourite right now. I was very pleased to see that Need for Speed: MostWanted had a DB-9 in it. It's my favourite in my garage.

I certainly don't fit in to what Forbes says is the"psychographic" demographicof the typical Monte Carlo driver, though.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Bigg J

I certainly don't fit in to what Forbes says is the"psychographic" demographicof the typical Monte Carlo driver, though.
Moderator Bigg `J -Jason-
I don't think that you fit the profile either, but I think there might be a few members
that might : ) (Name them : )
Below is the email message from Forbe's
[:-]
"Ask a Chevrolet dealer what kind of message a $22,000 Monte Carlo coupe puts out.
He's likely to say that Monte Carlo buyers are "motor sports enthusiasts who want to show off and stand out from the crowd; Monte Carlo is the sport coupe that embodies legendary American performance. These motor sports fans are image conscious, responsibly self-indulgent and looking for an acceptable way to rebel."
At least that's what Chevy spokesman Travis Parman wrote in a recent e-mail message.

[hr]
Post your thoughts/comments on above : )

Quick Reply: You can only have one ? You Choose : )