Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Residents' kids are destroying my car - help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i say call the police every time they are out there. also complain to the apartment complex until they actually do something. If the manager wont do something go higher up the ladder. Someone has to care about earning your rent money.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
i say call the police every time they are out there. also complain to the apartment complex until they actually do something. If the manager wont do something go higher up the ladder. Someone has to care about earning your rent money.
This is true.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

I usually use a car cover to protect the monte in the summer, little kids are a problem around here too. I'd recommend to get a sensitive alarm so you know when they are on your car(best way to video record/take pictures)

stick a camera on the dash too, recording or not, they won't know if its actually on.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM
1 Year Member

I don't have the cash do to those things.

Car cover will get stolen eventually. Middle of Atlanta. Also won't stop dents.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Being that they are very young kids, they are unlikely to start any legal crap, so I probably CAN have some "fun" if you get my drift...
I shared this with my neighbor who is an Ohio State Trooper, in a nutshell:

The parents are still responsible for the kids - if they damage your property the parents are responsible for paying for it. If you called the police they could cite the parents for destruction of private property and since it was their kid that did it, the parents could also be cited for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Best thing to do is get footage of this occurring at multiple occasions BEFORE calling the police to file a report, so they can see without a doubt that this is an ongoing problem. It wouldn't hurt if you could also ID the kids from the videos and pictures you take and their parents - a lot of cops aren't going to go door to door looking for the batch of kids messing with your car, especially if it's a group. You'll have to put in the leg work to get results.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 PM
1 Year Member

Wow, thank you so much. It's good to hear the situation from a cop's perspective. Definitely going ahead with the picture/report route. Thank you again. Will post updates as they come.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

I aswell have self with the little f$%+ers like that, I live in a apartment complex in a first ring suburb of st. Paul, I got a very ethnic divers complex, seems no mater the ethnicity the give a dam is busted all around, it seems what has worked best is sitting there and setting off the alarm whenever I see them touch or somthing happen, obviously I can't it all the time or anything, but to partly avoid it I got a garage