Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Residents' kids are destroying my car - help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:40 PM
1 Year Member
Angry Residents' kids are destroying my car - help please

So I have had an ongoing problem here. I live in a big apartment complex in the middle of atlanta, and residents designated parking area is this big parking lot. Many of the residents have kids (anywhere from age 3-15) and every day they are running around the parking lot. Now I kid you not, there are 25-30 of them in this parking lot full of cars. And although the parking lot has a sign that clearly says "no playing in parking lot," that's exactly what they do. They kick footballs around and hit cars with it, sit, stand, and yes, jump on other people's cars. Their parents do not care. The apartment staff do not care.

I draw the line when they start climbing on my car, my boyfriend's car, and my other friend's car. We politely have told them to stop, but as soon as we walk away they are back to literally climbing over our cars and kicking footballs at them. My buddy told me he saw a couple of them sitting on my spoiler the other day and kicking their shoes on my hood. They have already put scratches on my car. I've seen them rest coke cans on my boyfriend's car and sit on his hood as well. The kids do not care about others property.

I need some advice on what to do, how to stop this. The three of us have all put a lot of work into our cars for them to be treated like crap by these brats. I feel like going out there, guns blazing in a fit of rage, but obviously that won't work. I need some good ideas on how to stop this.

Help or I'm going to start killing off children

Old 11-12-2012, 06:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I live in a apartment complex too and ive seen kids ride bikes between cars and footballs and such. Lucky for me everyone in the building i live in respects my car and kids have been told to stay away from at least mine. Any who!

I'd say the next time you see them do this, snag a picture or a video from your cell phone and call the police. that's destruction of private property.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM
1 Year Member

That's what I have been planning on doing. But somehow I don't think that will stop it. Maybe they'll leave just OUR cars alone, but maybe not.

Being that they are very young kids, they are unlikely to start any legal crap, so I probably CAN have some "fun" if you get my drift...

Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

how about a super ultra sensitive shocking car alarm... so they get zapped when they touch the car Good luck getting it resolved though, its a shame kids have no respect for anyone or anything

Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 PM
1 Year Member

It is a shame, a shame for them when I actually catch them sitting on my car and that's the last thing they ever see...

Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 PM

pay some teenagers to beat the ever living sheet out of them.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
1 Year Member

There are no other kids except them around here. The rest of us are college aged or older. So we can't actually lay a hand on them legally, unfortunately..

Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah sure you can take videos, but the police will just tell the parents to not let the kids do it anymore, which they won't listen, and then they will bitch at you about snitching to the cops. If you cannot park anywhere else, my best suggestion is a car cover.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 PM

Try getting some evidence and get the cops involved. Call a lawyer. Hell, call your insurance. They should come across this problem all the time.

There has to be some sort of law that the apartment complex is liable for this since it is on their property. Get in touch with the company that owns the property. You'll get better results.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 PM

Best advice would be to move if possible based on my younger years in apartment complexes. You could **** off a parent of one of the kids and they key your car then the feuding starts and can escalate...

Quick Reply: Residents' kids are destroying my car - help please