Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, NASCAR
62.50%
I like other forms of Racing
29.17%
No, I don't like Racing : (
0%
Illegal Street Racing : )
8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

- NASCAR - Yes - No ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Default RE: NASCAR ?

I love nascar....
A big Tony fan here.
check my website www.teamcanusa.com

ALSO JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW.... THE COT..... are not the same...... I am not a fan of COT but a Chevy is a Chevy
Ford still ford ect......
biggest thing that i dont like is NASCAR's push for Chevy to go to a 4 door car. That is why they went to the Impala and have not been pushing the Monte for the last couple of years....

Check this out fron Nascar....

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/.element/i...22/cot/COT.pdf

Old 01-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

see that car of tommorrow doesn't bother me so much anymore...i know its different...but so what..stuff changes..and if it doesn't people are going to lose interest...and its only going to be on the short tracks like bristol isn't it???

personally it doesn't bother me...i'll still attend worship every sunday for my 4-5 hour sit down lol no matter what the cars look like..

and i know its different that they're switching to the impala..but they're not making the monte anymore and they have to use something that is still in production...so they went with the impala...doesn't bother me at all

Old 01-26-2007, 06:15 PM

The COT is only running at a few tracks this year and next.
By 2009 it will the car that NASCAR will be running

Old 01-26-2007, 06:22 PM

the only thing i really dont care for is the front air dam on the new Imp.
other then that it dont look to bad i guess i would live with it.

But see im still happy to have my Monte.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

I love nascar....
A big Tony fan here.
check my website www.teamcanusa.com

ALSO JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW.... THE COT..... are not the same...... I am not a fan of COT but a Chevy is a Chevy
Ford still ford ect......
biggest thing that i dont like is NASCAR's push for Chevy to go to a 4 door car. That is why they went to the Impala and have not been pushing the Monte for the last couple of years....

Check this out fron Nascar....

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/.element/i...22/cot/COT.pdf
Is that because Ford went to the Fusion?

Old 01-27-2007, 05:04 AM

Lets see if I remember this right.....
When chevy first stopped making Monte it was replaced by the Lumina. When Chevy first came out with this car in 88 or 89 it was a four door car first. Then mid 89 they came out with a 2 door version. So I think Chevy started the trend. But it did not last long.

Ford came out with the Turist (however you spell it) THAT WAS ONLY A 4 DOOR CAR. Never been a 2 door made.

Then came DODGE..... EVERYONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN 4 DOORS. Matter a fact the only 2 door car you can get from Dodge is a Viper

Keep in mind that they have been working the COT for almost 7 years now....
This is where Nascar comes into play.... CHEVY WE NEED TO MAKE THE CARS EQUAL. YOU NEED TO DROP YOUR MONTE CARLO LINE.... WE NEED YOU TO COME OUT HERE WITH 4 INSTEAD OF 2..... MAKE IT A LITTLE BIGGER (ROOF WISE)....
BRISTO...... IMPALA REBORN YET AGAIN...... GOOD BYE MONTE YET AGAIN.......

Will the Monte be back...... I think it will
but then again look at most of the car company's.... how many of them have 2 door bodys vs 4 doors. It used to be that it cost more to make a 4 door car.......

I dont care who you are...... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A 4 DOOR SPORTS CAR........

Old 01-27-2007, 07:25 AM

actually dodge came out wiht a few of the neons in a 2dr.

but over and above that. your right for the most part. in the sens tha tthey dont have to many 2 door cars left.
now with the monte leaving i dont think there are bout a few left and now with the ne camaro they get on back but that wont replace the rest they have taken off the market as a collective bunch.

thing that gets me is that if they do put out the srt-8 and they do it as a 2dr. like they wanted to.
is it going to be come the new norm? Gm has pretty much gotten the vet to the point it is out of the price rage for most of us unless were liek 80 and have a pnetion that can pay for it. by then you cant enjoy it to much. then there are a few that can get it sooner but you get the point.

So are they only going to have the Camaro as the bottom of the line for us to even think of?
makes no sens to out price your selves with cars like this fo rhe Avgareg consumer.

honestly the way it is going i figure your goign to have one of three cars and three trucks you chose what one you want and then you go to that company to get it. I can see it now the choices are goign to become
camaro, rustang,and neon
trucks will be the big three.
it is truley a shame to see some of the great cars go this way.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

Ford came out with the Turist (however you spell it) THAT WAS ONLY A 4 DOOR CAR. Never been a 2 door made.
do you mean taurus??

I dont care who you are...... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A 4 DOOR SPORTS CAR........
what about the new charger daytona editions...yes they'd look better in 2 door models..but they still look good as a 4 door

Old 01-27-2007, 11:45 AM

Wiz
As I stated before

NO SUCH THING AS A 4 DOOR SPORTS CAR

4 DOORS EQUALS FAMILY CAR, BE IT SPORTY LOOKING OR JUST PLAN JANE......

and yes the FORD TAURUS.........