Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Pull the res yes or no. My experience says yes.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Default Pull the res yes or no. My experience says yes.

Ok after many searches and opinions here is what I have found. I decided screw it I will pull it and figured it could not be anylouderthan my 2500 Avalance with a 8.1Land a magnaflow cat back which the wife is not to happy with but I love. I have the same opinion of Mario in the Magnaflow commercials I want to hear my engine. I put all the mods in my sig below and expected her to pitch a fit (she is 47 I am 46) but I was suprized (and a little disappointed)when I got in and fired the Monte up it was quiet inside and after the first ride withthe wife she did not even notice the difference, I could hear a slight increase inside but nothing major. I drive 55 miles one way to work and there is no and I mean no annoying drone. When she is in the car I can set the radio at one (Maybe two depending on the tune)bars and still hear it over her at a normal talking level (Damn). From the outside behind the car it is louder, before the mod if I was 20 feet away I had to listen to see if it was running now I know for sure it is running (Sounds sweet)but like I said from inside no and I mean no annoying drone. So those of you wavering one way or the other like Nike says "Just do it"..

Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Pull the res yes or no. My experience says yes.

someone else may need to tell you more.. but it seems to me like these radios detect ambient noise and adjust there levels accordingly.. this way you don't have to constnatly adjust your radio dial for going to red lights and adjusting speed, or letting windows down, and the etc.

i can tell you that my straight pipes are NOISY inside (i like it though) and my radio stays on the first and second bars as well... so i guess my radio must do it.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Default RE: Pull the res yes or no. My experience says yes.

Yes the radio does adjust but you can turn that off. I only pulled the resonator and left my stock mufflers.