Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Should Reporter be suspended ? Should Danica be in NASCAR
No, the Reporter should not have been suspended for his remark
25.00%
Yes, he should have been suspended
50.00%
Yes, I think she belongs in NASCAR Racing
37.50%
No, I don't think she belongs in NASCAR, she's not ready
43.75%
I think Danica is Sexy
43.75%
No, I don't think Danica is sexy
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

NASCAR`Danica ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Mike(JG), I think it's all about $'s MONEY 4-Sure...
Oh, it seems to be working
Thanks for all your posts/comments & contributions...+ your honesty

p.s. Hope your back is gett'in better ?
Yup $$$ is what there after & with her they get it, but if thats all they talk about is her every race she runs i wont watch

& back is so so still hurts but not as bad

Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lol Seattley `Mike, no I got your point & I was just adding to the activity. To me it was refreshing on what the reporter commented on, even though he was not politically correct.
It cost the reporter a weeks pay WoW, expensive for using the Letter "B" in his comment
I still want 2 believe in freedom of speech...It's all good & thanks again for your clarification & your words
I was just having fun & thanks for joining in
===================================
Mike (JG), great 2 read you back isn't as back..Hope it keeps gett'in better !

Last edited by Space; 03-01-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Space
To me it was refreshing on what the reporter commented on, even though he was not politically correct.
I hold very little credence for political correctness. I think it has more to do with carrying out your job in a professional manner...

Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
...Danica dislikes the term 'Sexy' to describe her.
Yeah I disagree with her being described as sexy too... Not into 13 year old boy look Yeah I know I'm in a minority there but that's my thoughts.

Haven't seen what the reporter said so I can't really say if he should be suspended, as far as does Danica belong in NASCAR, she should have to work her way up just like everyone else should have to but, not everyone else has. Not a Jr fan by any means but at least Sr made him race in Busch/Nationwide before bringing him to Cup.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 AM

Thanks everyone for your posts/thoughts/opinions & feedback on this diverse subject

I know this can be a controversial Subject, but in today's World, there seems to be 2 much controversy!
This Poll/Thread was created & posted 4 fun & to solicit
what our Member's thought about Danica & her new adventures in NASCAR

Thanks everyone for complying to our MCF Rule #2
2. While debating and discussion is fine, `Respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks
Don't 4-get to have `fun on the MCF
You can watch the News to be `Sad ..We don't want Sad Member's 4-Sure LOL ~>EnJoy

Old 03-01-2012, 09:24 AM

No she is not ready to drive in the Sprint Cup series, she has proven this time and time again. There is a reason that NASCAR has many divisions... K&N Pro Cup Series, Camping World Truck Series, Nationwide Series, Sprint Cup Series. Each series is essentially a building block to the next. She is being forced into the lime light without having proven herself in the smaller series that should be building her confidence and skill in a stock car. She is a news story that the media and NASCAR can milk for all she is worth. That is all.

There are and have been plenty of other female drivers more deserving and more talented behind the wheel of a stock car than Danica. But they dont get the chances because they do not have the money that Danica brings to the table from GoDaddy whoring her out.

Michelle Theriault has more skill and talent in a stock car than Danica, but she has to pay her dues 50x as much because of her lack of big money sponsors. Therefore, she is working her way through the ranks from racing Quarter Midgets and Legends Cars as a kid to full body stock cars in USAR Pro Cup Series, to the NASCAR K&N Series and Campingworld Truck Series and will one day make consistent starts in the Nationwide Series BEFORE stepping foot into a Cup car.

These series are graduated the way they are to DEVELOP the skill of each driver. That is a big part of the reason that the Cup regulars have such incredible success when they moonlight in the Nationwide and Truck series'. Anyone who thinks differently has no clue what they are talking about and their opinion should be rejected immediately.

Danica has not paid her dues and does not deserve a seat in a Cup ride.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for taking your time to make a post about this subject...You should have a inside track since you are part of a NASCAR Team

Your reasons are valid in my mind, and thanks again for your posts/reasons on Danica
=========================================
Thanks to all member's that voted & posted Our poll reveals a lot...Look 4ward to checking back & reading everyone posts & how they voted...

p.s. I'm waiting to see what our MCF Historian `Duane posts on this subject/thread ? ? ?

Old 03-01-2012, 06:29 PM

I am seeing the modern NASCAR as a motorized version of the WWF or WWE or what ever it is calling itself these days. NASCAR wants to control everything in it now. I think that NASCAR should show up to the track each week with 43 cars and say "Ok boys, put your sponsor decals on your car and be on the starting line in one hour for qualifying." Whenever one of the teams tries something out of the box on one of the cars and NASCAR finds it they confiscate the parts and then suspend and fine the teams. NASCAR shouldn't be able to control something like that that they don't own. The IROC series ran with the series owning the cars and all cars were identical. The winner was based on luck and driver skill. Where is the IROC series today? Are you listening NASCAR. I don't approve of the new NASCAR.

I think Danica Patrick has gotten a free pass into the big show, but she isn't the first and won't be the last. She needs more seat time to be a success and I think that the media and others are too critical toward her.

NASCAR is too politically correct and that has taken some of the fun away. In fact society in general has gotten too politically correct. We are too sensitive about who might be offended. It is another form of censorship in my opinion.

Danica Patrick is not the only NASCAR figure that has been referred to in sexual terms. In recent years Kasey Kayne, Dale Jr., and a few of the other young single male drivers were offered up to the ladies as sex symbols. You don't have to use the word sexy to achieve the same results.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm dreading Darlington for the first year since I was about 12 years old. I'm just not looking forward to hearing about it.

The remarks were inappropriate and actions taken are justified. Take out the subject. Just look at what happened and ask yoursef.... should a news anchor be making references to anyone being a "B"?

I think he just let the hype get to his head too much.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't follow NASCAR so I have no clue as to how well she does or if she is good enough to run in it.