NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Danica and the numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Danica and the numbers

I keep reading 2 likely possibilities:

1. Danica Patrick is coming to Nascar and signing with Hendricks is a "done deal".
2. Jr. Motorsports is graduating to Sprint Cup.

I think both possibilities are highly likely. If the offer is on the table Danica would be stupid not sign with Hendricks. Keselowski (who to me displayed a wealth of skill, maturity and perspective @ Talledega) is quite obviously ready to go now. Jr. Motorsports will have no manufacture support if it continues in Nationwide and Dale has said the cost of running a Nationwide team is no cheaper then a Sprint Cup team anyway.

So if these 2 things happen, Keselowski and Dale Jr will be driving for Jr. Motorsports, right?

....and...

Any speculation yet on which numbers will be on those cars? How about sponsors? I hearing Kasey Kahne's sponsor's contract is up at the end of the year and are likely to look elsewhere...

Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i heard she was talking to roush?

if she does come to nascar i'm going to be on her side till she does something stupid. seems the guys that have come over from open wheel racing in the last couple of years just haven't caught on, and some are just plain awful (hornish, carpentier) in a stock car. it takes a lot of getting used to and she's a firey personality so if she comes over i hope she doesn't expect to be super successful right away. if she pulls the stomping-her-feet temper tantrums that she's known for in indy cars in the cup series, she'll be laughed out of the garage.

i'm not down on her trying it, but i'd rather see her run ARCA or busch series first before jumping into a cup ride full time.

no matter what she does, i'll be rooting for her, i'm definitely a fan, unless she does something to change that.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM

I hope she stays open wheel.All I have heard is she is looking.AGR is also going to make her an offer to sign her again.Danica will not do well in nascar she is no Tony Stewart.Tony is the only open wheel driver to do any good in nascar.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 AM

15 Year Member

Here is the link where my info is stemming from. I know its all "rumors", but experience tells me that there are no rumors in Nascar. That's no guarantee the deal will close, but where there's smoke there's fire(not a Tony pun JamieLynn)

Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 AM

I would like to see her in NASCAR
I think it would add some fun/competition to the sport

Is Danica Patrick headed to a NASCAR team? AP
...How would U like 2 get beat by a Lady ? Lol

Old 06-29-2009, 10:03 AM

I am a big Danica fan but there is no way she will make it in nascar.Hornish was a much better driver and look at how bad he is doing.I think he has only finished 2 races since the switch from the irl.The irl needs Danica and Danica needs the irl.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 PM

i think she'll boost ratings and she'll be a great draw but that's nothing if she can't drive! stock cars are insanely different than open wheel cars. i don't know how much experience she had in her past maybe in local late model racing or something but that new car in the cup series is apparently a lot more difficult to drive than even the nationwide cars.

i agree with you brent, nothing in nascar is ever a rumor (for too long anyway). i'm definitely interested in the outcome.

as for JR motorsports i haven't followed that story closely but you think maybe they'd be similar to stewart-haas where they get engines and are quote-unquote "affiliated" with hendrick, but technically their own free-standing team?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 PM

15 Year Member

I'm pretty sure Jr Motorsports would straight up be Hendrick Motorsports everything, with the difference being title just to get around the 4 car max rule. More like a contract deal like the way Jeff Gordon owns Jimmie Johnson's car.

What's more important is the likelihood of Jr taking the #8 back. #88 has always been Keselowski's number. And who's Budweiser going to sponsor next year?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 PM

hmmm, very interesting!! that would be very cool. i wonder how many people with "8" tattoos got them changed to an 88? what the heck would they do now?

Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

They can always turn it into a math problem.

88 = 8

Quick Reply: Danica and the numbers