Other Professional Racing.. Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

`Danica Patrick : ) Will she go NASCAR ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question `Danica Patrick : ) Will she go NASCAR ?

Patrick's Future Still Undecided

Pete Pistone

Senior Editor
Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Love the Helmet
Danica Patrick is eyeing her options since her contract is up at the end of the season.

Danica Patrick is still mulling her options on the direction of her career which would include remaining in in the IndyCar Series or making the leap to NASCAR in the near future.

Patrick's contract with Andretti Green Racing expires at the end of the current IRL season and rumors have swirled she is considering a deal with Target Ganassi Racing to remain in the open wheel circuit.

"Well, we'll definitely be looking at our options," Patrick said. "They are one of the top three teams in the IndyCar Series. But then again, I'm also driving for one of those top three teams in the IndyCar Series. So it's going to have to be a really good option for me as a driver and as a brand to expand beyond, because I already drive for a great team. So we'll just have to see."

Should the Ganassi deal not come to fruition, Patrick has not ruled out a move to stock cars and a NASCAR career.

However she realizes others who have tried to make the switch from Indy Cars to stock cars have had a learning curve.

"I think it's something to take notice of," she said. "I think what it shows is it is difficult. You do need as much help as possible. But as credit to them, they haven't been driving for the best teams in NASCAR either. So how can you really hold them accountable for not doing extremely well in the very beginning when they just don't have the resources.

"Now they're getting the hang of it. And Sam's (Hornish Jr.) doing much better, and Juan's (Pablo Montoya) doing better. I think that things are moving ‑‑ they're doing better overall. But, they don't drive for Hendrick or Roush or any of the top teams. So I think it's a tough one."

Speaking of the top NASCAR operations, would Patrick consider joining one if a stock car change were in her future?

"As I said earlier, for me the most important thing is performing and having the ability and having the resources to get there faster. So, yeah, when it's a top team calling, it makes it more attractive."

The large NASCAR audience is one factor Patrick will consider when her decision becomes near.

"But NASCAR has so many viewers and so many partners," Patrick said. "There are just lots of options both inside and outside the car. So there's reasons, and it looks like fun. There are 40‑odd guys that do it every year. I'm not sure how many the number is this year. But, obviously, it's a good time. Oval racing is always fun. It's you racing against everyone else, it's very competitive.

"It's kind of like the Indy 500 every weekend. That's a lot of fun as a driver to be part of something important, and something people want to watch."

Last edited by Space; 06-17-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 PM

I heard a rumor that she may have a chance at a F1 seat with the new US F1 team, Has anyone else heard this? I would love to see it

Old 07-19-2009, 10:04 PM

I heard there is talk about a penthouse interview with limited clothing options.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've read that she has ruled out F1, and that she does not like to travel to Europe.

I'm still hoping to see Hendrick expand to another satellite team - the graduated Jr. Motorsports - and field Junior and Danica as drivers. No financial or sponsorship issues there.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:33 AM

..Brent, So do I
WARNING ADULT CONTENT BELOW: Must be older then Space 2 Click
Look what she did on a `Cobra lol, I'd let her drive......
the BeachBumSurf'inVan lol
Danica Patrick Playboy Videos: SUPER HOT!!!
May 24, 2009 ... The myth of the Danica Patrick nude pictures Sorry boys and girls, Danica Patrick does not have any nude pictures available.
www.shan.biz/.../danica-patrick-playboy-videos-super-hot - Cached - Similar

Old 07-25-2009, 12:46 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

She can drive my track anyday.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

ehhh. personally like coming from a girl and all who races as well, i think she wouldnt make it big into nascar seriously if she even did make it on a team. bcuz i mean come on think about it, she is more of a "poster girl" then a seriously taken race car driver. i know this sounds probably really bitchy (lol) but its true. i wanted to be a nascar driver for the longest time but then my ex boyfriend pointed out that no one would take me seriously and that they would just use me for advertisement and i think its the same way with her. but idk i feel like i'm rambling so i'm gonna stop now

Old 08-12-2009, 08:20 AM

Agree with SpinEm. just look at the photo in the orginal post, stop and think have you ever seen a photo of Jimmy Spencer in a Speedo??? Sorry that's a mental image that just won't stop! But honestly what male driver has ever had to sell sex? She has no real results in IRL, the lone win she has was due to fuel mileage, and that falls more on the crew chief.

She is and always will be a middle of the packer IMO

Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There's been plenty of women driver's in Nascar.

Do you remember them? exactly.

Half the time they couldn't even qualify for the race.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
There's been plenty of women driver's in Nascar.

Do you remember them? exactly.

Half the time they couldn't even qualify for the race.

Well let see... there was Louise Smith (?) back in the day... believe she may have even won a race. Janet Guthrie and Lynn St James maybe, didn't they attempt NASCAR ? And recently there was Patty Moise... she was mostly "Nationwide" again mostly a middle of the packer. (Had to prove I knew at least a couple :p )

I get your point but just because there happen to be no female NASCAR drivers doesn't mean there aren't any good female drivers. Shoot there are only 43 people that race Sprint Cup a weekend... that's 43 people in the world... Means they have to be pretty freaking good at what they do.

Quick Reply: `Danica Patrick : ) Will she go NASCAR ?