Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My almost run in with the cops....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Robyn, glad you got off ticket free...thats always nice!

RJ, that is bulls*it for sure...you should have fought that ticket...

Old 07-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Photobucket

people were zooming past me doing 80-90 mph and THEY didn't get stopped... so WHY did he stop me? Probably because of my PA plate... I REALLY was pulling the "scared little out of town girl" and when I said that I was meeting my BOYFRIEND he probably got a little sentimental about the days a girl would drive 4 hours for him just to give him...

wait, where was i? oh yes.... yes michael, very nice indeed to not have a ticket. I must have an angel looking out for me....

Old 07-31-2009, 10:27 AM

I cant get a girl to drive 4 miles to give me a turd in a box, let alone some... cookies, yea that's it, some short bread cookies!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:35 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
people were zooming past me doing 80-90 mph and THEY didn't get stopped... so WHY did he stop me? Probably because of my PA plate... I REALLY was pulling the "scared little out of town girl" and when I said that I was meeting my BOYFRIEND he probably got a little sentimental about the days a girl would drive 4 hours for him just to give him...

wait, where was i? oh yes.... yes michael, very nice indeed to not have a ticket. I must have an angel looking out for me....

Cops pull over women they think they can get a date with. I know 100% they do this.

They see a women in a vehicle by herself they will go after them.

A cop did this with my girlfriend Debbie right infront of me one time. He swore she ran the stop sign. I saw him pull her over so I pulled over too. He told me to go about my business and I told him I would not. That if he was planning on giving her a ticket, he'd have to give me one as well. Cause I witnessed her NOT running any stop sign.

He said he'd give her a warning this time and let her go. Give me a break buddy!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 AM

I've been pretty lucky since I've started driving (knocks on wood) and have yet to get a ticket. My record is spotless and the only reason my insurance is $177 a month on my Monte is my age (23). I was pulled over 3 times for speeding, one time for drifting to the break down lane slightly late at night so they thought I was drinking (and I wasn't, I was just tired), once for a plate light out, and once for loud exhaust (dynomax super turbos on my bonnie), and I've only gotten verbal warnings. I think the most important thing is just to be nice to the cops. Their just doing their job. If your a jerk your gonna get a ticket

Last edited by labnjab; 07-31-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Photobucket

I totally wasn't a jerk. My exhaust is loud right now becuz, uh, well, it haz a hole in it. lol. Which I got pulled over for THAT last night as my car was breaking down because it's out of fuel because well uh my gas gauge is BROKE. Stuck on F eternally, whether it's empty or not. Yeah... that's.. bad. That's a big thing for me, i need to know how much gas i have yknow? But the cop didn't write me a ticket because I started crying. I'm not even kidding.

I drove FOUR HOURS for this guy... and yeah.... probably a waste of my money, time, and efforts even though he's here all the time in PIT and he usually gets a limo service to my house instead of making me drive to the airport hotel... the "cookies" were fantastic but....