Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My almost run in with the cops....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Photobucket
Default My almost run in with the cops....

So as most of my MCF ers know I drove to cleveland on monday. The best part about that city was when I saw it in my rearview mirror, but I digress....

I was heading out the turnpike and when I crossed the state line into ohio, I realized ****! I'm doing 85 in a... wait? where the hell is the speed limit sign? I haven't seen one in for ever... and CRAP! Cop right in the middle on the turnaround... I SLOW DOWN just before I get near him he was like at least 200 feet in front of me, and i pass him, he DOES NOT pull out on me THANK GOD... so about maybe what 5-10 miles further down the road, he's behind me... and i'm like ohcrap ohcrap ohcrap... but he does NOT turn his lights on... so I'm thinking omg dude just pull me over please... but I was on my phone asking for directions to get to 77 north... because my tomtom didn't work!... so I change lanes there was nobody in the other lane and the cop was either honking or something somebody was honking and i was like oh my GOD... thinking if I change lanes and he changes lanes I'm gonna get CANKED.... but he didn't he pulled up beside me so I was like okay mom I gotta go I'm getting pulled over, hang up and pull over in front of the cop on the shoulder.

THEN the lights go on. And I'm like "********************" because I JUST had that accident that was a rear end, that OBVIOUSLY doesn't look good on my insurance company even tho i'm not at fault, and now a ticket? GREAT..... So I put the window down, officer comes up asks me if everything is okay and I said "Yes officer I'm heading towards cleveland and I have no idea which exit I need to get to 77 north to head to the city center so thats why I was on my phone asking for help my gps isn't working it sent me the wrong way" and he PROCEEDS to give me directions, and says "HAVE A SAFE EVENING" and walks BACK to his car! DID NOT ask me for my license or information or nothing!!!

What the heck just happened here? And am I one of the lucky ones?? because I acknowledged him and slowed down he let me off or what? There were COPS all OVER 77, and pepole were driving like idiots and here's me doing 65 (in a nissan....with no *****...no cruise control...) and getting PASSED and the cops never once pulled out on these people!

at least I didn't get a ticket!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well tonight me and friend werent so lucky. Local town cop who talks to us all the time and knows us by first name became a complete dick tonight and gave my friend a ticket for his license plate he has sitting in the windshield... wtf. So tommorow I have to help weld on his exhaust and then get his license plate on the front... I wish we woulda just got a warning.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Photobucket

Enzo thats horrible dude... i think he could fight it, he could say that the car didn't have the spot for it on the front or whatever like that. In PA we dont have front license plates.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Well the mount fell off when he hit a trash can going 50mph+

Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Well the mount fell off when he hit a trash can going 50mph+
I don't think it "fell off", lol

Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 AM

it sounds like you had a run in with one of the cops from SuperTroopers. at least you didn't get pinched for "littering and smoking the refer"

Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He was probably just feeling out the situation. Out of towner, acting scared, see if you were mean to he COULD write you a ticket for something, since you were polite he just decided to give the directions and send you on your way.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Thumbs up You just got VERY lucky

If it was a state trooper, you should be counting your lucky stars. They will give you a ticket just for being from Pittsburgh (I kid, I kid).

But really, at the end of the month, to not even get a warning, you must have had an angel looking out for you. Ohio State Highway Patrol are generally total jerks who will pull you over, and give you a ticket, for as little as 5 mph over the limit. Maybe he had his quota filled.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by mad717
If it was a state trooper, you should be counting your lucky stars.....................

But really, at the end of the month, to not even get a warning, you must have had an angel looking out for you. Ohio State Highway Patrol are generally total jerks who will pull you over, and give you a ticket, for as little as 5 mph over the limit. Maybe he had his quota filled.

100% truth here.

For 14 years I never got so much as parking ticket. One day all I did was drive past a statie who has a guy pulled over. A few minutes later the same statie is now on my @$$. Pulls me over, swears he clocked me doing 65mph when I passed him (but officer. you weren't even in your car when I drove past. how did you clock me?????) gives mea ticket for doing 65 in a 55 zone. It cost me $51 and 2 points on my license. That was 18 years ago.

Let's see now. I went 14 years with no ticket of any kind. Get a ticket for speeding. Now 18 years later not so much as a parking ticket.

Gee I guess the cops DO have a quota they keep after all.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mad717
If it was a state trooper, you should be counting your lucky stars. They will give you a ticket just for being from Pittsburgh (I kid, I kid).

i totally disagree here, my last job i was driving all over the great state of Ohio from office to office with the cruise control locked in at 75 MPH (65 in 55 zones) and i passed many, many state troopers and highway patrol and i never once was pulled over, even after three years of this.

but i guess your mileage may vary...

Quick Reply: My almost run in with the cops....